Yuanxia SunCountry of origin: China Currently in: China, Tianjin General field of specialization: Agricultural Sciences
Degrees2020 Agricultural Sciences
Current Research Activities
My current research is developing the novel functional factors and food for modulating the effect of diet on health and disease. The long-term goal is to improve the management of obesity, diabetic and cardiovascular diseases by diet throughout life. In nearly five years, the more than 40 research papers are published on J Agric. Food Chem., Protein Cell, Biotech. Bioeng., Appl. Microbiol. Biotech., Appl. Environ. Microbiol. et al. journals, and 23 patents are applied. In the other hand, I have a great deal of management experience in scientific research, and have led national science and technology “863” project and natural science fund in the biotechnology and food processing, the some outcome have been used to industrialize. I am also an expert with special government allowance of State Council in 2014, and I am a participant of planning compilation in food processing field with Ministry of Science and Technology, China.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Yang J., Zhu Y., Li J., Sun Y. Biosynthesis of rare ketoses through constructing a simulated-gluconeogenesis pathway in an engineered Corynebacterium glutamicum. Biotechnology Bioengineering. 2015, 112(1), 168-180.
2. Dong C., Zhang L., Zhang Y., Sun Y. Structural Characterization and Immunostimulating Activity of a Levan-type Fructan from Curcuma kwangsiensis, International Journal of Biological macromolecules, 2015, 77, 99-104.
3. Yang J., Li J., Men Y., Zhu Y., Sun Y. Biosynthesis of L-sorbose/psicose based on C-C bond formation catalyzed by aldolase in an engineered Corynebacterium glutamicum strain, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2015, 81(13). DOI:10. 1128/AEM. 00208-15.
4. Dai L., Liu C., Zhu Y., Zhang J., Men Y., Sun Y. Functional Characterization of Cucurbitadienol Synthase and Triterpene Glycosyltransferase Involved in Biosynthesis of Mogrosides from Siraitia Grosvenorii, Plant Cell Physiology, 2015, doi: 10.1093/pcp/pcv043.
5. Li J., Yang J., Men Y., Zhu Y.，Dong C., Sun Y. Multi-sites directed mutagenesis of 2-deoxy-D-ribose 5-phosphate aldolase and whole-cell transformation to efficiently biosynthesize 2-deoxy-D-ribose, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015, DOI:10/1007/s00253-015-6740-9.
6. Men Y., Zhu Y., Zhang L., Kang Z., Izumori K., Sun Y. Enzymatic conversion of D-galactose to D-tagatose: Cloning, overexpression and characterization of L-arabinose isomerase from Pediococcus pentosaceus, Microbiological Research, 2014, 169, 171-178.
7. Zeng Y., Zhang H., Guan Y., Zhang L., Sun Y. Comparative study on the effects of D-psicose and D-fructose in the Maillard reaction with β-lactoglobulin, Food Sci. Biotech. 2013, 22(2), 341-346.
8. Hishiike T., Ogawa M., Hayakawa S., Nakajima D., Ooshima H., Sun Y. Transepithelial transports of rare sugar D-Psicose in human intestine. J. Agric. Food Chem., 2013, 61, 7381-7386.
9. Chan H., Zhu Z., Hu Y., Ma Y., Guo R., Sun Y. Crystal structures of D-psicose 3-epimerase from Clostridium cellulolyticum H10 and its co mplex with ketohexose sugars. Protein & Cell, 2012, 3(2), 123-131.
10. 《Natural Antimicrobials in Food Safety and Quality》, Ed. Dr.Mahendra Rai, Published by CAB International；Chapter No.6, "Microbial Fermentation for Food Preservation", 2011, 9. P 77-94.CAB International (CABI)
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchIndustryMy research focuses on effective utilization of bioresources and production of bioactive substances, such as low calorie sugar, dulcoside, bioactive peptide and so on. I am using enzyme and bio-engineering technology to develop these functional compounds as food additives, and establish a biocatalysis technical platform for producing natural bioactive substance.
AffiliationsChinese Ferment Association, Starch Sugar Branch;
Presentation given2014Biosynthesis of Rare Sugars Using Multi-Enzyme Coupling Reaction in Genetic Engineering BacteriaJapanEvent: International Rare Sugar Symposium 2014 in Kagawa
Other AwardsMar 2013National, municipal and CAS level “Women's Establish Achievement Pacesetter"These awards are granted by Tianjin Government, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Governmen, encourage the women's establish achievement and innovative idea for scientific technology.May 2014Tianjin May Day Labor ModelThis award is granted to the workers who have made outstanding contributions by Tianjin Federation of Labor.Jan 2015Special Government Allowance of State CouncilThis award is granted to famous expert or technology talents who enjoy the special and subsidiary allowance from government of the State Council.Mar 2011Third-class Awards of Science and Technology ProgressThis is an award from Tianjin Government to encourage the innovative idea and biocatalysis technology for food additives processing.Mar 2013Second-class Awards of Science and Technology ProgressThis is an award from Tianjin Government to encourage the innovative idea and biocatalysis technology for food additives processing.