Wael Mahmoud Kamel AboulthanaCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Degrees2015 Doctorate Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology2011 Master Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology2015 Undergraduate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
His name is Wael Mahmoud Kamel Aboulthana. He is appointed as a researcher in Biochemistry Department, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Research Division, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt. He obtained his M.Sc. and PhD degrees in Biochemistry (Helwan University). During his M.Sc. and PhD theses, his scientific work was concerned with molecular radiation biology through studying effect of gamma irradiation on different body functions at biochemical and molecular levels and hence studying efficiency of willow leaves extract against the adverse effect of gamma irradiation. Moreover, more advanced and deeper studies were carried out through studying effect of gamma irradiation on both of male and female fertility genes and evaluation of the ameliorative effect of the most abundant phyto-constituent of willow leaves (salicin) against the deleterious effect of irradiation. Recently, he is interesting to evaluate the phytochemical and biological efficiency of different plant extracts then selecting the most effective one. Consequently, efficiency of the selected extract will be enhanced by incorporating nanoparticles (silver and gold). Then, the nano-extract will be studied against progression of tumors induced chemically in rats as compared to healthy group. Moreover, he is looking forward to use the electrophoresis technique to identify native biomarkers and for detecting the different mutations (qualitative and quantitative) through evaluation of the natured and denatured proteins, different moieties of protein and different isoenzymes. He demonstrated as a personal investigator on the internal project of the 11th plan funded by National Research Centre and entitled "Evaluation of Antioxidant Efficiency of Silver Nanoparticles Biosynthesized using Croton tiglium L. Seeds Extract against Azoxymethane Induced Colon Cancer in Rats".
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Aboulthana, W.M. ; Ismael, M. and Farghaly, H.S. (2016). Electrophoretic and Molecular Dynamic Evaluation of Mutagenicity Induced by Toxic Factors Affecting Testicular Tissue in Rats. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Review and Research, 7(6): 319-333.
2. Aboulthana, W.M. ; Ismael, M. and Farghaly, H.S. (2016). Assessment of Mutagenicity Induced by Toxic Factors Affecting Ovarian Tissue in Rats by Electrophoresis and Molecular Dynamic Modeling. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Review and Research, 7(6): 347-359.
3. Seif, M.M. ; Ahmed-Farid, O.A. and Aboulthana, W.M. (2017). Evaluation of the Protective Effect of Acacia senegal Extract against di-(2-ethylhexyl phthalate) Induced Hepato- and Neurotoxicity in Rats. Annual Research & Review in Biology, 19(2): 1-17.
4. Abd Elhalim, S.A. ; Sharada, H.M. ; Abulyazid, I. ; Aboulthana, W.M. and Abd Elhalim, S.T. (2017). Ameliorative Effect of Carob Pods Extract (Ceratonia siliqua L.) against Cyclophosphamide Induced Alterations in Bone Marrow and Spleen of Rats. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 7 (10): 168-181.
5. Aboulthana, W.M. ; El-Feky, A.M. ; Ibrahim, N.E. ; Sahu, R.K. and El-Sayed, A.B. (2018). Evaluation of the Pancreatoprotective Effect of Nannochloropsis oculata Extract against Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes in Rats. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 8(06): 046-058.
6. El-Sayed, A.B. ; Aboulthana, W.M. ; El-Feky, A.M. ; Ibrahim, N.E. and Seif, M.M. (2018). Bio and Phyto-chemical Effect of Amphora coffeaeformis Extract against Hepatic Injury Induced by Paracetamol in Rats. Molecular Biology Reports, 45(6): 2007-2023.
7. Aboulthana, W.M. ; Youssef, A.M. ; El-Feky, A.M. ; Ibrahim, N.E. ; Seif, M.M. and Hassan, A.K. (2019). Evaluation of Antioxidant Efficiency of Croton tiglium L. Seeds Extracts after Incorporating Silver Nanoparticles. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 62(2): 181-200.
8. Seif, M.M. ; Madboli, A. ; Marrez, D.A. and Aboulthana, W.M.K. (2019). Hepato-Renal protective Effects of Egyptian Purslane Extract against Experimental Cadmium Toxicity in Rats with Special Emphasis on the Functional and Histopathological Changes. Toxicology Reports, 6: 625-631.
9. Attia, A.M.M. ; Aboulthana, W.M. ; Sayed, A.M. ; Ibrahim, F.A.A. ; Abd El-Latif, N.A. ; Aziz, S.W. ; Elwan, A.M. ; Abdelmaksoud, M.D.E. ; Moussa, S.A.A. and Elnasharty, M.M.M. (2020). A Multi-Component Spectrophotometric Method for Simultaneous Determination of Total Bilirubin, Oxyhemoglobin, and Methemalbumin in Human Sera. Journal of Applied Biology & Biotechnology, 8(01): 38-46.
10. Attia, A.M.M. ; Aboulthana, W.M. ; Hassan, G.M. and Aboelezz, E. (2020). Assessment of Absorbed Dose of Gamma Rays Using the Simultaneous Determination of Inactive Hemoglobin Derivatives As a Biological Dosimeter. Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, 59: 131-144.
11. Abdel-Halim, A.H. ; Fyiad, A.A. ; Aboulthana, W.M. ; El-Sammad, N.M. ; Youssef, A.M. and Ali, M.M. (2020). Assessment of the Anti-diabetic Effect of Bauhinia variegata Gold Nano-Extract against Streptozotocin Induced Diabetes Mellitus in Rats. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 10(05): 077-091.
12. Aboulthana, W.M. ; Ibrahim, N.E. ; Osman, N.M. ; Seif, M.M. ; Hassan, A.K. ; Youssef, A.M. ; El-Feky, A.M. and Madboli, A.A. (2020). Evaluation of the Biological Efficiency of Silver Nanoparticles Biosynthesized Using Croton tiglium L. Seeds Extract against Azoxymethane Induced Colon Cancer in Rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 21(5): 1369-1389.
13. El-Ella, A.A. ; Youssef, A.M. ; Ghannam, H.E. ; Zedan, A.F. ; Aboulthana, W.M. and Al-Sherbini, A.A. (2020). Synthesis of High Efficient CS/PVDC/TiO2-Au Nanocomposites for Photocatalytic Degradation of Carcinogenic Ethidium Bromide in Sunlight. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 63(5): 1619-1638.
14. Hassan, A.M. ; Heakal, B.H. ; Said, A.O. ; Aboulthana, W.M. and Abdelmoaz, M.A. (2020). Comparative Study for Synthesis of Novel Mn (II), Co (II), Ni (II), Cu (II), Zn (II) and Zr (IV) Complexes under Conventional Methods and Microwave Irradiation and Evaluation of their Antimicrobial and Anticancer Activity. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 63 (7): 2533 - 2550.