Fowzia AhmedCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Canada, Winnipeg, Manitoba General field of specialization: Other
Degrees2018 Master Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences2016 Undergraduate Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
Current Research Activities
Joined as an MSc student at the University of Manitoba, Canada and working as a graduate research assistant. My research focused on the sea ice algal production and the effect of climate change in the Arctic region. In my previous MSc, I worked on the bioaccumulation of heavy metals.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Ahmed, F., Fakhruddin, A. N. M., Fardous, Z., Chowdhury, M. A. Z., and Kabir, M. M. (2021). Investigation of Human Health Risks Influenced by Trace Metals (TMs) in Chili Plant (Capsicum annuum L.) Grown on Tannery Effluents Contaminated Soil. Toxicology International. 28(1):67-80.
2. Ahmed, F., Fakhruddin, A. N. M., Fardous, Z., Chowdhury, M. A. Z., Rahman, M. M., and Kabir, M.M. (2021). Accumulation and Translocation of Chromium (Cr) and Lead (Pb) in Different Parts of Chili Plant (Capsicum annuum L.) Grown on Artificially Contaminated Soil. Nature Environment and Pollution Technology. 20(1):63-70.
3. Ahmed, F. and Rahman, M. R. (2020). A Review on Air Pollution Status of Bangladesh and Its Effects on Human Health. Journal of Noakhali Science and Technology University (JNSTU). 4(1&2):27-38.
4. Ahmed, F. and Fakhruddin, A. N. M. (2018). A Review on Environmental Contamination of Petroleum Hydrocarbons and its Biodegradation. International Journal of Environmental Science and Natural Resources.11(3):1-7.
5. Ahmed, F., Fakhruddin, A. N. M., and Kabir, M.M. (2017). Degradation of Diesel and Phenol Using Bacteria Isolated from Petroleum Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soil. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 53(1):1-8.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingHigher Education StudyI have been working as a lecturer in the Department of Environmental Science at the Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP). Currently, I am in study leave and doing my second MSc at the University of Manitoba, Canada
Workshop and Conference Attended2015 Dhaka, Bangladesh International Conference on Urban Health2019 Dhaka, Bangladesh 4th Young Scientist Congress2013 Dhaka, Bangladesh International Conference on Water Resource in South Asia: Conflict to Cooperation2018 Dhaka, Bangladesh International training on Urban Rainwater Harvesting System2016 Dhaka, Bangladesh Six-month training on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation2018 Dhaka, Bangladesh Faculty Development Training2014 Dhaka, Bangladesh SERVIR-Himalaya Youth Forum
Presentation given2021Accumulation and translocation of heavy metals om the edible parts of plantsonlineEvent: INTI Virtual Biotechnology Symposium on Environmental Toxicity and Remediation organized by INTI International University, Malaysia.2019Assessment of Groundwater quality and salinity for drinking and agricultural purpose in the Central southern part of the coastal region of Bangladesh.Dhaka, BangladeshEvent: 4th Young Scientist Congress2015Occupational Health Hazards of workers of tannery industries in Hazaribagh, Dhaka, BangladeshDhaka, BangladeshEvent: International Conference on Urban Health
Other AwardsSep 2021Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment, Earth and Resources Graduate Entrance ScholarshipBased on my academic achievements I have been selected to receive the Clayton H. Riddell Faculty of Environment, Earth and Resources Graduate Entrance Scholarship award for the Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 SessionJan 2017University Grants Commission ScholarshipAchieved this scholarship for 2nd position in Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Science, Jahanginagar University for Bachelor of Science (BSc) result.