Membership type: full
Nedie Patience AkaniCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Port Harcourt General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2016 Doctorate Biological Systems and Organisms1990 Master Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Environmental/Public Health Microbiology Antimicrobial Resistance Epidemiological Studies Ecotoxicological Studies
Publications resulting from Research:
1. ABBEY, S. D., N. P. EMERINWE and AMADI E. N. (1993). Ecological survey of Plesiomonas shigelloides. Journal of Food Protection 55: 444 – 446.
2. AMADI, E. N., OBUMWENRE, B. and AKANI, N. P. (2005). Occurrence of Haemolysin-producing Aeromonads in meat and offals sold in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Journal of Food Safety 25: 183 – 192.
3. AKANI, N. P. and MADUMERE, B. (2008). Mycoflora of partially processed periwinkles (Tympanotonous fuscatus) from local markets in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Mycology. Vol. 1 (1): 138-142.
4. AKANI, N. P., AMADI, E. N. and BRAIDE, S. A. (2009) Long-term Effects of Spilled Crude on a Sandy Loam Soil in Ejama-Ebubu in Rivers State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Microbiology. Vol. 23(1) 1935- 1944.
5. WEMEDO, S.A., AKANI, N. P., EKE, C.E. (2009). Fungi in oilfield wastewater in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences 2(2): 54 -57.
6. WEMEDO, S.A., OBIRE, O. and AKANI, N. P. (2012). Bacterial Populations of an oilfield wastewater in Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biological Sciences 5(1): 46 -51.
7. AKANI, N.P. and GABRIEL, U. U. (2016). Enzymatic Responses of Clarias gariepinus (Burchell, 1822) exposed to sub-lethal concentrations of an oilfield wastewater. Journal of Applied Science and Biotechnology. 4(05), 026 – 032
8. AKANI, N.P., RENNER, Renner N. ALFRED, Wilcox (2018). Comparative Toxicological Evaluation of Locally Refined Diesel and Kerosene on Rhizopus stolonifer in Rivers State Nigeria. Asian Journal of Biology 6(3): 1-7.
9. SOKOLO, R.S., ATAGANA, H.I. and AKANI, N.P. (2018). Molecular Characterisation of Culturable Aerobic Hydrocarbon Utilizing bacteria and Fungi in oil polluted soil at Ebubu-Ejama Community, Eleme, and Rivers State, Nigeria. Journal of Advances in Biology and Biotechnology. 18(4), 1 – 7
10. Egege, S.R., Akani,N.P and Nwankwo, C.I.E. (2020). Detection of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus in Ready-to-Eat Shellfish Corbiculid heterodont) in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. Microbiology Research Journal International, 22 - 35.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationTeachingOtherSupervision of graduate students research Currently, the Head of Department of Microbiology Teaching of Undergraduate and Postgraduate students Participation in National and International Conferences
AffiliationsNigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM)Mycological Society of Nigeria (MYCOSON)International Society for Comparative Education, Science and Technology (ISCEST)
Other AwardsDec 2019Fellow, International Society of Comparative Education, Science and TechnologyAward of Excellence for actively participating in all conferences, presenting papers and contributing significantly in the field of Science and Technology