Membership type: full
Saima AkramCountry of origin: Pakistan Currently in: Pakistan, Multan General field of specialization: Mathematical sciences
Degrees2000 Master Mathematical sciences1997 Undergraduate Mathematical sciences
Current Research Activities
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Fiza Zafar, Saima Akram, Nusrat Yasmin, An optimal eighth order family of iterative methods for multiple roots, Proceeding of International Conference on Computational Methods( Vol. 5, 2018).
2. Fiza Zafar, Saima Akram, Nusrat Yasmin, Moin-ud-din Junjua, On the Construction of Three Step Four Parametric Methods With Accelerated Order of Convergence, Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, 9 (2016), 4542–4553.
3. Nusrat Yasmin, Fiza Zafar, Saima Akram, Optimal Derivative Free Root Finding Methods Based on Hermite Interpolation, Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications, 9 (2016), 4427–4435.
4. Moin-ud-din Junjua, Saima Akram, Nusrat Yasmin and Fiza Zafar, A New Jarratt Type Fourth Order Method For Solving System of Nonlinear Equations and Applications, Journal of Applied Mathematics, Volume 2015(2015) Article ID 805278,14 pages.
5. Fiza Zafar, Nusrat Yasmin, Saima Akram and Moin-ud-din Junjua, A General Class of Derivative Free Optimal Root Finding Methods Based on Rational Interpolation, The Scientific World Journal, Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 934260, 16 pages.
6. Saima Akram, Moin-ud-din Junjua, Nusrat Yasmin, Fiza Zafar, “A Family of Weighted Mean Based Optimal Fourth Order Methods for Solving System of Nonlinear Equations”, Life Science Journal, 11(7s) 21-30 (2014).
7. Moin-ud-din Junjua, Fiza Zafar, Nusrat Yasmin, Saima Akram, A General Class of Derivative Free Root Solvers With Memory (Accepted in Scientific Bulletin-University Politehnica of Bucharest).
8. Nusrat Yasmin, Raja Sikandar Mehmood, Saima Akram, “A Three-Step Family Of Iterative Methods With Optional Eighth Order Of Convergence”, Life Science Journal, 10(9s) 167-172 (2013).
9. N. A. Mir, Naila Rafiq and Saima Akram, “An Efficient three-step iterative method for non-linear equations”, International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 3(40), 1989-1996, (2009).
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingHigher Education StudyAssistant Professor Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. PhD Scholar at Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan.
Workshop and Conference Attended2017 Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. English for Academic purposes2017 CASPAM, Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. Teaching Undergraduate Mathematics2015 Beijing, China. International Congress on Industrial & Applied Mathematics (ICIAM)2015 Istanbul, Turkey. International Conference on Recent Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics (ICRAPAM)2015 Bahauddin Zakariya University,Multan, Pakistan. Lecture on Phenomenal Evolution of Time and Space2014 Lahore University of Management Sciences & Punjab Mathematical Society, Pakistan. National Workshop on Applied Nonlinear Analysis2014 Seoul, South Korea. International Congress of Mathematics(ICM)2014 Seoul, South Korea. International Congress for Women Mathematicians(ICWM)2014 Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. Summer Course on, “Leadership Institute and Training”2007 Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. First Mathematics Conference2005 Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan. International Conference on, “The role of Women in Nation Building”2003 Ali Institute of Education Lahore Educational Management (Workshop)2002 Ali Institute of Education Lahore Teaching of Math (Workshop)
AffiliationsNational Mathematical Society of Pakistan
Presentation given2015Derivative Free General Family of With and Without Memory Root Findings MethodBeijing, China.Event: International Congress on Industrial & Applied Mathematics (ICIAM)2015On The Construction of Three Step Derivative Free Four-Parametric Methods with Accelerated Order of ConvergenceIstanbul, Turkey.Event: International Conference on Recent Advances in Pure and Applied Mathematics (ICRAPAM)2014A Family of Optimal Fourth Order Weighted Mean Based Methods For solving System of Nonlinear EquationsSeoul, South KoreaEvent: International Congress of Mathematics ICM 20142014Poster Presentation, “Dynamical Behavior of Root Finding Iterative Methods”Lahore University of Management Sciences LahoreEvent: National Workshop on Applied Nonlinear Analysis
Other AwardsJul 2015Award of Grant for Ph. D research ProjectTitle of Research Project Derivative Free methods involving free parameters for solving nonlinear equations” In this project, a general overview of the numerical analysis along with basic terminologies is discussed at first then a brief description in the development of various categories of multipoint root solvers are discussed. The natural question here is not only to find the solution of nonlinear equations but solution in a very fast, efficient and reliable way which is very close to actual solution, so a general procedure to develop some four-parametric with-memory methods to find simple roots of nonlinear equations is proposed. It is worth mentioning that tri-parametric method existed up till now in the history, so it is regarded as first four parametric method. Four self-accelerating parameters have been introduced to boost up the convergence order and computational efficiency of the proposed methods without using any additional function evaluations. Numerical examples are presented to support the theoretical results of the methods. We further investigate the dynamics of the methods in the real and complex planes.Aug 2015Award of travelling grant from Nagional Mathematical Society of PakistanPartial funding to attend International Congress on Industrial & Applied Mathematics (ICIAM), August 10-14, 2015, Beijing, China.Aug 2014Travel Grant ICM 2014 from Korean Mathematical SocietyTravelling Grant to attend International Congress of Mathematics ICM 2014