Membership type: full
Mst Arijna AkterCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Mymensingh General field of specialization: Agricultural Sciences
Degrees2014 Master Agricultural Sciences2012 Undergraduate Agricultural Sciences
Current Research Activities
Molecular biology, plant microbe interaction, Mechanism of biological control of plant diseases, Induction of disease resistance in plants.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Mondal S , Hossien ME , Akter MA , Haque MM , Ali MA , Islam MR (2018): Survival
and transmission of Xanthomonasoryzaepv. oryzae in rice seeds. Fundamental and
Applied Agriculture. 4(1): 680-688.
2. Sultana F, Md. Mejan MMR, Akter MA and Hossain I (2018). Effect of Bion and
Amistar in inducing resistance against Cercospora leaf spot of banana.Journal of the
Bangladesh Agricultural University. 16(3): 380–385.
3. Hossain, I., Akter MA, and MejanMMR (2017). Induction of resistance of Bion and
Amister to banana Var. Sabriagainst Cercospora leaf spot (sigatoka) Bangladesh journal
of Plant Pathology. 33 (1&2): 21-28.
4. Akter MA, Sathe. MSN and I. Hossain (2017). Management of Bacterial Leaf Blight and
Algal rust of Guava in the nursery. Bangladesh journal of Plant Pathology. 32: 61-66.
5. Akter MA, Dey P, Sultana F and Hossain I (2017). Seed health and quality of some
selected rice varieties and their management. Asian-Australasian Journal of Bioscience
and Biotechnology 2 (1): 75-80.
6. Najnine F, Hossain I and Akter MA (2016). Investigation into quality and management
of wheat seeds in Bogra and Naogaon. Progressive Agriculture. 27 (2): 101-109.
7. Najnine F, Akter MA and Hossain I (2016). Effect of plant extracts, BAU- Biofungicide
and chemicals on Bipolaris leaf blight of wheat cv. Kanchan. Asian-Australasian Journal
of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 1 (2): 206-212.
8. Reza SN, Tani NN, Salim M, Hasan AK and Akter MA (2016). Yield and grain
dimensions of T. Aman rice varieties as influenced by date of transplanting. Asian
Journal of Medical and Biological Research, 2(3): 442-450.
9. Tani N.N., Reza S.N., Kader M.A., Hasan A.K. and Akter M.A. (corresponding author)
(2016). Performance of wheat, barley and triticale as influenced by irrigation levels and
terminal heat stress. Asian-Australasian Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology 1 (3):
10. Akter, M.A. and Hossain, I. (2015): Quality of some hybrid seeds of rice and control of
seed borne fungi in Bangladesh. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University. 13(2):
11. Akter MA, Hasan AKMK, Uddin SA and Hossain I (2015). Seed treatment for
improving quality of hybrid seeds of rice. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological
Research, 1(3): 406-415.
12. Mondal, M.R.A., Chowdhury, M.M.H., Mahmud, H., Akter, A. and Khaleque, M.A.
(2014): Comparative performance of urea and biofertilizer on growth of blackgram.
Journal of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol. 8, No. 2.
13. Iqbal. M.K., Sarker. M.A.R., Akter. M.A., Kamruzzaman. M. and Roy. U. (2015). Effect
of N management on different growth attributes and yield contributing characters of
BRRI dhan 28 comparing to conventional and leaf colour chart urea management. Journal
of Agroforestry and Environment.Vol. 9, No. 1and 2.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Teaching