Membership type: full
Farjana Rahman BhuiyanCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Dhaka General field of specialization: Other
Degrees2014 Master Other2006 Master Other2004 Undergraduate Other
Current Research Activities
In the field of public health and nutrition with particular focus on prevention and management of diabetes, metabolic syndrome and relationship of dietary practices with diabetic complications.
Publications resulting from Research:
• FR Bhuiyan, F Saleh, IA Hossain, K Jahan, L Ali. Effects of soy-milk on blood lipids and total homocysteine level in postmenopausal women of Bangladesh. Int J Nutri 2017:2(3):14. DOI: 10.14302/issn.2379-7835.ijn-16-1411.
• FR Bhuiyan, ATMA Rahim. Consumer’s sensory perception of food attributes: a survey on flavor. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 2015. 3(1-2): 157-160, DOI: 10.11648/j.jfns.s.2015030102.40.
• AKM S Rahman, MA Sohel, FR Bhuiyan, R Zinnat Serum Vitamin D Associated with Insulin Secretory Function in Impaired Fasting Glucose Subject Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 2019, 7, 83-98. DOI: 10.4236/jbm.2019.71008.
• Hossain IA, Faruque MO, Akter S, Bhuiyan FR, Rahman MK, Ali L. Elevated levels of serum uric acid and insulin resistance in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease among prediabetic subjects. Journal of Tropical Gastroenterology 2016; 37(2):101-111.
• IA Hossain, S Akter, FR Bhuiyan, MR Shah, MK Rahman, L Ali. Subclinical inflammation in relation to insulin resistance in prediabetic subjects with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. BMC Res Notes 2016. 9:266, DOI: 10.1186/s13104-016-2071-x.
• B Bhowmik, F Afsana, T Siddiquee, E Wright, FR Bhuiyan, AKA Khan, A Hussain. Comparison of the prevalence of metabolic syndrome and its association with diabetes and cardiovascular disease in the rural population of Bangladesh using modified NCEP ATP III and IDF definitions. J Diab Invest 2014. DOI: 10.1111/jdi.12268.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Research
Workshop and Conference Attended13-15 December 2019 Dhaka, Bangladesh 4th Young scientist Congress organized by Bangladesh Academy of Science (BAS)02-06 December 2019, Busan, South Korea International Diabetic Federation (IDF),30 November- 04 December 2015, Vancouver, Canada. International Diabetic Federation (IDF),
AffiliationsAsian Food Safety and Security Association (AFSSA)
Presentation given13-15 December 2019Glycemic and insulinemic response to Gutisarna rice among Bangladeshi nondiabetic and diabetic subjects.Dhaka, BangladeshEvent: 4th Young scientist Congress organized by Bangladesh Academy of Science (BAS)
Other AwardsMar 2015Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), BangladeshResearch grants by Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST); entitle: ‘Effects of soy milk on C-reactive protein levels in healthy postmenopausal women’ worked as a Project Director, on 2015.Jan 2015Bangladesh Academy of Science (BAS-USDA Program)Research grants by Bangladesh Academy of Science (BAS-USDA Program; BAS USDA PALS BUHS-HN-02); entitle: ‘Evaluation of commonly consumed rice varieties and mixed meals for their glycemic, insulinemic and NEFA responses in healthy and diabetic subjects’ worked as a Co-Investigator from January, 2015 to March, 2018