Jyoti U. DevkotaCountry of origin: Nepal Currently in: Nepal, Kathmandu General field of specialization: Mathematical sciences
Degrees2000 Doctorate Mathematical sciences
Current Research Activities
I focus on interdisciplinary applications of Statistics and lay emphasis on data based approach to research. I have also worked as a project leader in several third party funded projects. This has resulted in more than ten publications in international peer reviewed journals and presentations in seven international conferences.
Publications resulting from Research:
1.Jyoti U. Devkota 2019: Multivariate Statistics of Biogas and National Grid Energy Consumers for Countries With Limited and Scarce Data – Nepal as a Case Study, SN Applied Sciences, Volume 1, No. 4, Springer Nature, March 2019.
2. Jyoti U. Devkota 2019: Statistical analysis of night radiance RH using VIIRS Day/Night Band satellite time series data. International Journal of Advances in Applied Sciences, Volume 8, No. 1, Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science, Malaysia, March 2019.
3. Jyoti U. Devkota 2019: A categorical data analysis of impact of biogas on women of rural households – with examples from Nepal. International Journal of Advances in Applied Sciences, Volume 8, No. 1, Institute of Advanced Engineering and Science, Malaysia, March 2019.
4. Jyoti U, Devkota 2018: Statistics Made Easy with R - a data based interdisciplinary approach with case studies and comments, Heidel Press March 2018. (Book)
5. Jyoti U. Devkota 2017: DataFan - Data data everywhere, but is this data too hot to handle? Statistician’s Tips. (Blog). Available at the Link jyotiudevkota.blogspot.com
6. Jyoti U. Devkota 2017: Digging Deeper Into The Data - Statistician’s tips with illustrations, examples and applications. Kindle Edition. (Book) Available at the Link ama-zon.com/author/ drjyotiudevkota.simplesite.com
7. Jyoti U. Devkota, Kamala Upreti, Deepa Gurung 2016: Principal Components Analysis of Socio-Economic Factors of Micro Hydro Consumers of Nepal, Proceedings of International Conference on "ASIAN Community Knowledge Networks for the Economy, Society, Culture and Environmental Stability", Page 387 - 393, May 2016. Available at the Link http://icmr.crru.ac.th/Journal/Journal% 205/2%20Principal%20Component%20Analysis.pdf
8. Jyoti U. Devkota, Kamala Upreti, Deepa Gurung 2015: Principal Components Analysis of Socio-Economic Factors of Renewable Energy Users of Countries Such as Nepal, Proceedings of International Conference on Applied Statistics 2015, Page 143 - 149, July 2015. Available at the Link http://www.statassoc.or.th/.
9. Jyoti U. Devkota, Swechhya Singh, Chanda Prajapati, Binu Hada 2014: Principle components analysis of the socioeconomic conditions of biogas users - with examples from Nepal. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Volume 4, No. 3, Page 655 - 664, September 2014.
10. Jyoti U. Devkota, Chanda Prajapati, Swechyya Singh, Binu Hada 2014: Statistical analysis of beneflts of renewable energy - examples of biogas consumers of Nepal. International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, Volume 4, No. 2, Page 471 - 476, June 2014.
11. Jyoti U. Devkota, Chanda Prajapati, Swechyya Singh, Binu Hada 2014: Multinomial logistic regression of ben- eflts of renewable energy-examples from biogas consumers of Nepal, Pro-ceedings of International Conference on Applied Statistics 2014, Page 206 - 213, May 2014.
12. Jyoti U. Devkota, Chanda Prajapati, Swechyya Singh, Binu Hada 2013: Statistical analysis of socioeconomic variables of biogas consumers of Nepal. Rentech Symposium Compendium, Volume 3, Page 32-35, September 2013.
13. Jyoti U. Devkota 2012: Mortality and Fertility Models for Countries with Limited Data-Results Based on Demographic Data of Nepal, India and Germany, Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbruecken, Germany, September 2012 (Book).
14. Jyoti U. Devkota, Swechyya Singh, Binu Hada, Chanda Prajapat 2012: Some preliminary results from the data analysis of consumer proflle database of renewable energy (biogas). Rentech Symposium Compendium, Volume 2, Page 8 - 13, December 2012.
15. Jyoti U. Devkota, Binu Hada, Chanda Prajapati, Swechya Singh 2012: The importance of research data digitization and its statistical analysis-with examples of biogas consumers of Nepal, International Journal for Environmental Science and Development, Vol.3, no. 2, Page 103 - 108, April 2012.
16. Jyoti U. Devkota, Binu Hada, Chanda Prajapati and Swechya Singh 2012: Some highlights of consumer proflle database of renewable energy (biogas) and statistical analysis of some of its parameters", Rentech Symposium Compendium Volume1, Page 1-4, March 2012.
17. Jyoti U. Devkota, R. S. Singh, 2011: Mathematical modeling of mortality for countries with limited and defective data, Journal of Applied Statistical Sciences, vol. 19 no1, page 24-38.
18. Jyoti U. Devkota, R. S. Singh, 2010: Deterministic and probabilistic models with applications to modeling fertility data, Journal of Applied Statistical Sciences, vol.18 no.2, page 161-176.
19. S. M. Dixit, J. Upadhyaya, et al., 2010: Assessment of Aqueous extracts of selected nepali high altitude medicinal and aromatic herbs as antimicrobial agents against selected gram - negative and gram-positive opportunistic pathogens, Research Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 5 (2), Page 37 - 42. .
20. Jyoti Upadhyaya, 2008: Mathematical Analysis of Age Structured Population data, Abstracts of Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, Nov. 10 - 12, 2008, Page 390.
21. Jyoti Upadhyaya, R.P.Ghimire, Tulsi Upadhyaya, 2008: Finite Bufier Non-Preemptive Pri-ority Queue with Heterogeneous Servers under Randomized Push out scheme, Abstracts of Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, Nov. 10 - 12, 2008, Page 382.
22. R. P. Ghimire, Jyoti Upadhyaya, Tulsi Upadhyaya, 2008: Priority Queues with Balking and Reneging, Abstracts of Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, Nov. 10 - 12, 2008, Page 383.
23. S.M.Dixit, J. Upadhyaya, A. Dhakal, P. Dulal, P. Gautam, D. Malla, A. Manandhar, S. Pandey, S. Paudel, P. Shrestha and B.M.Pokhrel , 2008 : Assessment of aqueous extracts of selected Nepali high altitude Medic- inal and Aromatic herbs as Antimicrobial agents. Abstracts of Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, Nov. 10 - 12, 2008, Page 183.
24. Bhupendra Devkota, Bhanu Bhakta Panthi, Jyoti U. Devkota, 2008: Pesticidal Activities of Mixture of certain Botanicals against cofiee stem Borer, Abstracts of Fifth National Conference on Science and Technology, Nov. 10 - 12, 2008, Page 69.
25. Bhanu Panthi, Bhupendra Devkota, Jyoti U. Devkota, 2008: Efiect of botanical pesticides used to control cofiee pests on the soil fertility of cofiee orchards. Journal of Agriculture and Environment, MOAC, Vol. 9, 2008.
26. Jyoti U. Devkota, Sabita Aryal, 2006: Mathematical Modeling of Residual Effects of Distillery Effluents Appli- cation by Finite Difference Method. Kathmandu University Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 1/ No. 2/ March 2006.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingHigher Education StudyI have delivered various courses on Statistics and Mathematics at Undergraduate and Graduate levels in several universities of Nepal. I also conduct and organize training on basic , medium and advanced data analysis.
TWAS AwardsJul 2010OtherTWAS research grant in 2007 and 2009 on Statistical Analysis of Population Dynamics of Nepal.