Membership type: full
Rabab Mahmoud Ahmad El-SherifCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2004 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Electrochemistry including, fuel cells and solar cells, corrosion and corrosion protection, porous films formation, electro-oxidation processes and biological implantation.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. H.A. El-Dahan, T.Y. Soror, Rabab M. El-Sherif, “Studies on the inhibition of aluminum dissolution by hexamine-halide blends Part I. weight loss, open circuit potential and polarization measurements.” Material Chemistry and Physics, 2005, 89, 260-267.
2. H.A. El-Dahan, T.Y. Soror, Rabab M. El-Sherif, “Studies on the inhibition of aluminum dissolution by hexamine-halide blends Part II: Surface analysis (SEM, AES investigations). Material Chemistry and Physics, 2005, 89, 268-274.
3. Rabab M. El-Sherif, K.M. Ismail, W.A. Badawy, “Effect of Zn and Pb as alloying elements on the electrochemical behavior of brass in NaCl solutions.” Electrochimica Acta, 2004, 49, 5139-5150.
4. K.M. Ismail, Rabab M. El-Sherif, W.A.Badawy, “Effect of Zn and Pb contents on the electrochemical behavior of brass alloys in chloride-free neutral sulfate solutions.” Electrochimica Acta, 2004, 49, 5151-5160.
5. K.M. Ismail, Rabab M. El-Sherif, W.A. Badawy, “Influence of Zinc and Lead on Brass Corrosion in Dilute Sulfuric Acid.”, Corrosion NACE, 2005, 61, 411-419.
6. Waheed A. Badawy, Rabab M. El-Sherif and Hassan Shehata; Electrochemical Behavior of Aluminum Bronze in Sulfate-Chloride Media" Applied Electrochemistry, Oct.2007, vol.37, no.10, p.1099- 1106.
7. Sahar A. Fadllah, Rabab M.A. El-Sherif and Waheed A. Badawy, “Electrochemical formation and characterization of porous titania (TiO2) films on Ti” J. Appl. Electrochemistry 38:1459-1466 (2008).
8- Waheed.Badawy, Ahlam Fathy, Rabab M. El-Sherif and Sahar A. Fadllah " Electrochemical and biological behaviors of porous titania (TiO2) in simulated body fluids for implantation in human bodies" Journal of Alloys and Compounds 475 (2009) 911–916
9- Waheed A. Badawy, Rabab M. El-Sherif and Hassan Shehata "Electrochemical stability of Cu–10Al–5Ni alloy in chloride–sulfate electrolytes" Electrochimica Acta 54 (2009) 4501–4505
10. A.M. Fekry, Rabab M. El-Sherif "Electrochemical corrosion behavior of magnesium and titanium alloys in simulated body fluid" Electrochimica Acta 54 (2009) 7280– 7285.
11. Waheed A. Badawy, Rabab M. El-Sherif, Shaaban A. Khalil "porous Si layers-Preparation, characterization and morphology" Electrochimica Acta 55 (2010) 8563–8569.
12. Rabab M. El-Sherif, Shaaban A. Khalil and Waheed. A. Badawy “Metal–assisted
Etching of p-silicon - pore formation and characterization" Journal of Alloys and
Compounds, 509 (2011) 4122–4126
13. Rabab M. El-Sherif and Waheed A. Badawy “Mechanism of corrosion and corrosion inhibition of tin in aqueous solutions containing tartaric acid” Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 6(2011).
14. A. Kamal, R.M.EL-Sherif, R. Abdel-Karim, S. El-Raghy, and A.Waheed “ Room Temperature Anodization of Aluminum at Low Voltage” Arab Journal of Nuclear Science and Applications, 46(2),(267-275) 2013.
15- R. Abdel-Karim A. Essa, R. El-Sherif, Omar A.A. Abdelal, S. El-Raghy “Effect of Low Voltage on Surface Morphology and Electric Properties of Porous Alumina Prepared by One Step Anodizing at Room Temperature” International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 5, Issue 9, page 495 September (2014).
16- R.M. Abdel Hameed, Rabab M. El-Sherif “ Microwave irradiated nickel nanoparticles on Vulcan XC-72R carbon black for methanol oxidation reaction in KOH solution” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, Volume 162, January 2015, Pages 217-226
17- Mahmoud A. Rabah , Rabab M. El-Sherif, Hayat H. El Agamy, Mohamed Shaaban, Abo Rehab H. Mahmoud “CARBON-CUPROUS OXIDE COMPOSITE NANOPARTICLES ON GLASS TUBES FOR SOLAR HEAT COLLECTION” International Journal of Technical Research and Applications , Volume 3, Issue 3 (May-June 2015), PP. 11-16
18- R.M. Abdel Hameed, Rabab M. El-Sherif " Ni−P−SnO2/C composite: Synthesis, characterization and electrocatalytic activity for methanol oxidation in KOH solution" International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 40, Issue 32, 24 August 2015,Pages 10262-10273.
19- H. B. Hassan, Z. Abdel Hamid , Rabab M. El‐Sherif "Electrooxidation of methanol and ethanol on carbon electrodeposited Ni–MgO nanocomposite" Chinese Journal of Catalysis 37 (2016) 616–627
20- Rabab M.A. El Sherif, "Electrochemical Behavior of Cu-Al-Ni Alloy in Simulated Body Fluids", International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Science, Vol-3, Issue-11, Nov- 2016, Pages 184-198.
21- Rabab M.A. El Sherif, Giovanna Gabetta, International Journal of Electrochemistry, accepted 2017, Under Press.
Papers published in international conferences:
1- Rabab M. El-Sherif, Wafa A. Mohamed "Chronopotentiometery and conservation of archeological coins "Published paper in the twenty four international conference for the corrosion problems in industry- Hurgada, Egypt. 5-8 December 2005.
2- Rabab M. El-Sherif, Shaaban A. Khalil and Waheed. A. Badawy,"Metal-assisted etching of silicon - nano and micro porous structures for industrial applications" Accepted paper in the international conference chem-6 1-4 Mars 2010, Cairo University- Faculty of Science-Chemistry department.
3- Rabab M.A. El-Sherif , Khaled M. Ismail, Waheed A. Badawy, " SYNERGISTIC EFFECT OF IODIDE ION ON THE CORROSION INHIBITION OF INDUSTRIAL ALLOY IN ACID MEDIUM USING ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE CORROSION INHIBITORS" proceeding of 17th APCCC Jan 27-30, 2016 at Mumbai, India.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAssociate professor of physical chemistry, Cairo University, Faculty of Science, Chemistry department