Membership type: full
Aiat HegazyCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Engineering sciences
Degrees2013 Doctorate Engineering sciences
Current Research Activities
Publications resulting from Research:
1. E. Mettawee, A. Elfoly and H. Sharawee, and O. El-Farouk, Solar Water Electrolysis for Hydrogen Production under Climate of Egypt, ISES Orlando, Florida USA, August 6-12, 2005, v3, 2101.
2. A. Hegazy and E. Prouzet, Room Temperature Synthesis and Thermal Evolution of Porous Nanocrystalline TiO2 Anatase, Chem. Mater. 2012, 24, 245-254
3. A.Hegazy and E. Prouzet, Effect of physical chemistry parameters in photocatalytic properties of TiO2 nanocrystals. C. R. Chimie 16 (2013) 651–659
4. Heba Ali, N. Ismail, A. H. Hegazy, and Mohamed Mekewi. A novel photoelectrode of TiO2-WO3 nanoarrays grown on FTO for solar water splitting. Electrochimica Acta, 150 (2014) 314-319.
5. Heba Ali, N. Ismail, Mohamed Mekewi, and A. H. Hegazy. Facile one-step process for synthesis of vertically aligned cobalt oxide doped TiO2 nanotube arrays for solar energy conversion, 19(2015) 10, 3019-3026.
6. Aiat Hegazy, Natacha Kinadjian, Bahareh Sadeghimakki, Siva Sivoththaman, Nageh K. Allam and Eric Prouzet. TiO2 nanoparticles optimized for photoanodes tested in large area Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSSC), Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 153, 108-116
7. Leta T. Jule, Francis B. Dejene, Abdub G. Ali, Kittessa T. Roro, Aiat Hegazy, Nageh K. Allam, Essam El Shenawy, “Wide visible emission and narrowing band gap in Cd-doped ZnO nanopowders synthesized via sol-gel route”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 687, pp. 920-926, 2016.
8. Ahmed El-Sayed, Nada Atef, Aiat H. Hegazy, K. R. Mahmoud, Randa M. Abdel Hameed, Nageh K. Allam, “Defect states determined the performance of dopant-free anatase nanocrystals in Solar Fuel Cells, Journal of Solar Energy 144 (2017) 445-452
9. E.T.El Shenawy, AH Hegazy, M Abdellatef, “Design and Optimization of Stand-alone PV System for Egyptian Rural Communities” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research 12 (20), 10433-10446
10. E.T. El Shenawy, A.H. Hegazy and M.A. Ibrahim, “Global Solar Radiation Forecasting Using Neural Network Based on PV Module Performance”, World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 35, No. 9, pp. 2002-2011, 2017.
11. El Shenawy E. T., M. A. Ibrahim and A. H. Hegazy” Simulation of the Shadow Effect on Series Connected PV Modules” Middle East Journal of Applied Sciences 7(4) 927-936, Dec. 2017
12. Aiat Hegazy, Essam El-Shenawy and Mohamed Abdelatef, “Decoupling Crystallinity and Size of TiO2 Nanoparticles of TiO2: Application in Large Area Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells”, SWC 2017, Solar World Congress, Gumerah Hotel, El Ithad Tower, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 29 Oct. – 2 Nov., 2017.
13. AN El-Shazly, AH Hegazy, MM Rashad, MF El-Shahat, NK Allam, Ultrathin ALD TiO2 shells for enhanced photoelectrochemical solar fuel generation, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 739 (2018) 178-183.
14. E.T. El Shenawy, Aiat Hegazy and M.A. Ibrahim. Estimation of the PV Module Surface Temperature Using Neural Networks, The Arab International Industrial Conference & the Accompanying Exhibition, under the theme “Steps Towards Sustainable Innovative Development”, 6-8 May, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 1-12, 2018.
15. Aiat Hegazy, Nada Atef, Ahmed Elsayed, Essam El Shenawy, M.A. Ibrahim, and Nageh Allam. "Exceptionally Crystalline TiO2 Mesocrystals with Enhanced Light Harvesting Characteristics for Solar Energy Conversion", the Arab International Industrial Conference & the Accompanying Exhibition, under the theme “Steps Towards Sustainable Innovative Development”, 6-8 May, Cairo, Egypt, pp. 10, 2018.
16. Aiat Hegazy, E. T. El Shenawy and M. A. Ibrahim. “Determination of the PV Module Surface Temperature Based On Neural Network Using Solar Radiation And Surface Temperature”. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 14, NO. 2, January 2019.
17. E. T. El Shenawy*, Aiat Hegazy and M. Abdellatef, “Technical Performance and Financial Analysis of a small grid connected PV system in Egypt”, World Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 470-488, 2019.
18. Aiat Hegazy, “Estimation of Optimum Tilt Angles for Solar Collector and Gained Energy at Cairo, Egypt”, International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 5, May 2019.
19. E.T. El Shenawy, Aiat Hegazy, “Simple Maximum Point Tracker Based on Perturb and Observe Technique for PV Moudle”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 14, No. 16, pp. 2918-2928, 2019.
20. Hegazy, A. (2019). High Performance Crystalline TiO2 Mesocrystals for Enhanced Solar Fuel. Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, 62(Special Issue (Part 1) Innovation in Chemistry), 115-122. doi: 10.21608/ejchem.2019.13610.1841
21. Ayat N. El-Shazly, Aiat H. Hegazy, E.T. El Shenawy, Mahmoud A. Hamza and Nageh K. Allam, "Novel facet-engineered multi-doped TiO2 mesocrystals with unprecedented visible light photocatalytic hydrogen production", Solar Energy Materials & Solar Cells, Vol. 220, pp. 110825, 2021.
22. 15. Ayat N. El-Shazly, Gharieb S. El-Sayyad, Aiat H. Hegazy, Mahmoud A. Hamza, Rasha M. Fathy, E.T. El Shenawy, and Nageh K. Allam, "Superior visible light antimicrobial performance of facet engineered cobalt doped TiO2 mesocrystals in pathogenic bacterium and fungi", Scientific Reports, Vol. 11:5609, 2021.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchDr. Aiat Hegazy is an associate professor at the NRC- Solar Energy Department. She graduated from Cairo University-Faculty of Engineering- Chemical Engineering Department with very good appreciation in 1999. She got her Master’s from Cairo University-Faculty of Engineering-Chemical Engineering Department in 2005. She received her PhD in Chemical Engineering and Nanotechnology from Waterloo University-Canada in 2012 on novel synthesis of TiO2 for Dye sensitized solar cells and photocatalysis applications. Recently, she has been working on advanced materials for solar energy conversion. She has published 22 papers and participated in 2 international projects for exchange travel as a principal investigator, 3internal projects funded by the NRC as principal investigator, 5 internal projects as a member and 1 external project funded by the STDF as a member. She has supervised three Master students and 1 PhD student.