Cynthia IbetoCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Enugu General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2010 Doctorate Chemical Sciences2007 Master Chemical Sciences2004 Undergraduate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Human and ecological risks assessment of pollutants (PCBs, PAHs, TPH, VOCs and heavy metals) in biological and environmental media. Evaluation of Environmental and health effects of fossil fuels (Natural gas, petroleum and coal) utilization. Studies on bio-fuels and bio-fertilizer as environmentally friendly materials. Bioremediation of PAHs and heavy metals polluted soils;
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Ibeto, C.N., Obiefuna, C.J., Ugwu, K.E. (2020): Environmental effects of concretes produced from partial replacement of cement and sand with coal ash. International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13762-020-02682-4.
2. Ibeto, C.N., Lag-Brotons, A. J., Marshall, R. and Semple, K.T. (2020): The Nutritional Effects of Digested and Undigested Organic Wastes Combined with Wood Ash Amendments on Carrot Plants. Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42729-019-00131-x.
3. Ibeto, C.N., Anekwe, C. and Ihedioha, J. (2019): Human exposure risk to semivolatile organic compounds via soil in automobile workshops in Awka, South Eastern, Nigeria Environmental Science and Pollution Research (2019) 26:16249–16260.
4. Ibeto, C., Ugwu, C. (2019). Exhaust Emissions from Engines Fuelled with Petrol, Diesel and their Blends with Biodiesel Produced from Waste Cooking Oil. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 28(5), 3197-3206. https://doi.org/10.15244/pjoes/93926.
5. Ibeto, C.N., Nkechi, W.C. and Ekere, N.R. (2019): Health Risks of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Levels in Fish and Sediment from River Niger (Onitsha Axis. Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology, 28:2, 138-149, DOI: 0.1080/10498850.2019.1568332.
6. Ibeto, C.N. and Nwuga, C.F. (2018): Evaluation of Aliphatic and Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons in Soil and Groundwater in Industrial Area of Coal Camp, Enugu State, Nigeria for Human Risk Assessment. J. Chem Soc. Nigeria, 43, No. 4, pp 879 -887.
7. Fagbohungbe, M.O., Herbert, B.M.J., Hurst, L., Ibeto, C.N., Li, H., Usmani, S.Q., Semple, K.T. (2017): The challenges of anaerobic digestion and the role of biochar in optimizing anaerobic digestion, Waste Management, 61: 236–249.
8. Anyanwu, C.N., Ibeto, C.N., Ezeoha, S.L. and Ogbuagu, N.J. (2015): Sustainability of cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz) as industrial feedstock, energy and food crop in Nigeria. Renewable Energy, 81:745-752.
9. Marcus, A. C., Okoye, C. O. B. and Ibeto, C. N. (2013): Bioaccumulation of Trace Metals in Shellfish and Fish of Bonny River and Creeks around Okrika in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol, 90:708-713. DOI 10.1007/s00128-013-0992-9.
10. Ibeto C. N. and Okoye C. O. B. (2010): Elevated Levels of Lead in Blood of Different Groups in the Urban Population of Enugu State, Nigeria. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal, 16(5): 1133 — 1144. DOI: 10.1080/10807039.2010.512257. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10807039.2010.512257.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationTeaching
Other AwardsSep 2019Gold Award of ExcellenceIn recognition of significant and lasting contribution made to Chemical Society of Nigeria and Chemistry ProfessionMar 2019Periodic Table of Younger Chemists to represent ArgonPeriodic Table of Younger Chemists to represent Argon 2019 in the Periodic Table of Younger Chemists for the celebration of International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) 100 and International Year of the Periodic Table (IYPT)Mar 2015Schlumberger Faculty for the Future FellowshipPost Doctoral Research fellowship in Lancaster University, United KingdomOct 2014Analytical Chemistry Trust Fund, Developing World ScholarshipResearch visit at Lancaster University, United Kingdom