Membership type: full
Edu InamCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Uyo General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2005 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Development of nature inspired bio filters for water treatment Climate change impact on water quality in Ikpa Basin Environmental monitoring of contaminants of global concern in aquatic environment
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Offiong, N. O., Inam, E. J., & Edet, J. (2019). Preliminary review of sources, fate, analytical challenges and regulatory status of emerging organic contaminants in aquatic environments in selected African countries. Chemistry Africa (Springer), https://doi.org/10.1007/s42250-019-00079-6
2. Inam E., Nwoke I., Udosen E., & Offiong N., (2019). Ecological risks of phenolic endocrine disrupting compounds (EDCs) in urban tropical river. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (Springer nature), 26, 21589–21597
3. Essien, J. P., Inam, E., Ikpe, D. I., Udofia,G. E., & Benson, N. U., (2019).
Ecotoxicological status and risk assessment of heavy metals in municipal solid wastes dumpsite impacted soil in Nigeria. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management (Elsevier), 11 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enmm.2019.100215
4 Inam, E., Ebong, G., & Offiong, N., (2018). Start-up case study on building green chemistry laboratories in University of Uyo, Nigeria. Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy (Elsevier), 10, 56-59
5.Inam, E., Etuk,· I., Offiong, N. Kim, K.W., Kang, S. Y., Essien,· J., (2018). Distribution and ecological risks of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in sediments of different tropical water ecosystems in Niger Delta, Nigeria. Environmental Earth Sciences (Springer, Germany), 77, (14 pages, published online on February 28, 2018) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-018-7396-4
6. Inam, E., Ibanga, F., Essien, J. (2016). Bioaccumulation and cancer risk of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in leafy vegetables grown in soils within automobile repair complex and environ in Uyo, Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment (Springer), 188, (9 pages, published online on December 18, 2016). DOI: 10.1007/s10661-016-5695-3.
7. Inam, E, Etim, U. J., Akpabio, E.G., & Umoren, S.A. (2016), Process optimization for Plantain peels carbon application in dye abstraction, Journal of Taibah University for Science (Elsevier), 11, 173-185.
8. Inam, E., Offiong, N., Essien, J., Kang, S., Kang, S. Y & Antia, B. (2016). Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons load and potential risks in freshwater ecosystem of the Ikpa River Basin, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, (Springer, Switzerland) 188, (16 pages, published online on December 21, 2015). DOI: 10.1007/s10661-015-5038-9
9. Inam, E., Offiong, N., Kang, S., Yang, P., & Essien, J. (2015). Assessment of the occurrence and risks of emerging organic pollutants (EOPs) in Ikpa River Basin freshwater ecosystem, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. DOI:10.1007/s000128-015-1639-9 (published online 04 September 2015)
10. Park, J. H., Inam, E., Abdullah, M. H., Agustiyani, D., Duan, L., Hoang, T. T., Kim, K. W., Kim, S. D., Nguyen, M. H., Pekthong, T., Sao, V., Sarjiya, A., Savathvong, S., Sthiannopkao, S., Syers, J. K. & Wirojanagud, W. (2011). Implications of rainfall variability for seasonality and climate-induced risks concerning surface water quality in East Asia. Journal of Hydrology, (Elsevier, Holland), 400: 323-332.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchI am involved in teaching, research and community engagments
Workshop and Conference Attended2020 sokoto, Nigeria 5th Annual Symposium of American Chemical Society Nigeria International Chemical Science Chapter
AffiliationsAmerican Chemical SocietyChemical Society of Nigeria
Presentation given2019“Building green chemistry laboratory in Nigeria: challenges and opportunitiesBonn, GermanyEvent: International sustainable chemistry collaborative centre stakeholders forum