Membership type: full
Anna Muriel JacintoCountry of origin: Philippines Currently in: Philippines, Cavite General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2012 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences1999 Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Drug discovery and development from natural products.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Jacinto, A.M.T. (2018) Review of the Phytochemical, Pharmacological and Toxicological Properties of Punica granatum L., (Lythraceae) Plant. The Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 2(3), 71-83.
2. Jacinto, A.M.T. and Osi, M.O. (2018) Development of Antibacterial Cream from Acetone Extract of Matured Bark of Philippine Tamarindus indica L., (Leguminosae). Merit Research Journal of Microbiology and Biological Sciences. Vol 6 (9) pp. 108-117 November 2018
3. Jacinto, A.M.T., Talavera, J.R., Galvez, C.B. (2019). In-vitro Evaluation of the Antimicrobial Property of the Punica granatum L., (Lythraceae) exocarp. 2019 9THAssociation of Asian Schools of Pharmacy Conference Proceeding Book. Page 202.
4. Jacinto, A.M.T. (2019) Toxicity Study of Philippine Punica granatum L., (Lythraceae) Hydroalcoholic Fruit Peel Extract Using Brine Shrimp Lethality Assay. The 19th Asian Conference on Clinical Pharmacy Proceeding Book. Page 62.
5. Jacinto, A.M.T. (2019) Formulated Antimicrobial Ointment From Punica Granatum L., (Lythraceae) Fruit Peel. 2019 International Nanotechnology Conference in the Philippines Proceeding Book. Page 52.
6. Jacinto, A.M.T., Talavera, J.R., Galvez, C.B. (2019) Preformulation and Formulation Studies of the Alcoholic Extract of Punica granatum L., (Lythraceae) as Antimicrobial Ointment. European Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences Annual Meeting 2019 Conference Book. Page 115
7. Jacinto, AM.T., Galvez, C. and Talavera, J.R. (2018) Phytochemical and Pharmacological Overview of Pomegranate. The 27th Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations Congress Book of Abstracts. Page 225
8. Mendoza, M.V, Malabanan, K.R, Mallari, B.A., Brijuega, E.D., Jacinto, A.M.T., Montesa, M.T. and Martinez, J.L. (2018) Isolated Pectin from the Unripe Peels of Cultivars of Banana Musa acuminata L. and Musa acuminata and M. balbisiana L. Family Musaceae as Binding Agent in Ascorbic Acid Tablet. The 27th Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations Congress Book of Abstracts. Page 22
9. Brijuega, E.D., Bagsarsa, C.J., Mendoza, M.V., Jacinto, A.M.T. , Montesa, M.T. and Martinez, J.L. (2018) Alignment of Community Internship Performance with National Professional Competency Standards: Basis for A Proposed Community Pharmacy Internship Evaluation Tool for UPHSD Colleges of Pharmacy. The 27th Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations Congress Book of Abstracts. Page 46
10. Jacinto, A.M.T. et. al., (2015) Development of antiseptic feminine wash from isolated tannins of tamarind Tamaindus indica L., (Leguminosae) leaves extract. 2015. BMJ Open 2015;5:bmjopen-2015-forum2015abstracts.32 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-forum2015abstracts.32
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingUniversity researcher and assistant professor.
Workshop and Conference Attended2019 Suwon, South Korea 2019 9TH Association of Asian Schools of Pharmacy Conference2019 Frankfurt, Germany European Federation for Pharmaceutical Sciences Annual Meeting 20192018 Singapore Worldwide Insecticide Resistance Network2017 Philippines 17th Conference of the Science Council of Asia : Manila, Philippines2016 Philippines 65th Annual Convention of the Philippine Association for the Advancement of Science and Technology and 8th Asian Heads of Research Councils Joint Symposium : Philippines
Presentation given2014Poster presentationSabah, MalaysiaEvent: Federation of Asian Pharmaceutical Associations Congress