Amal A.O. M. KhedrCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Saudi Arabia, Al Jouf General field of specialization: Physics
Degrees2011 Doctorate Physics
Current Research Activities
Ability of building laser apparatuses, different optical components (mirrors, lenses and optical fibers) and a detection system to construct single and double pulse LIBS (Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy), LA (Laser Ablation) and LIF (Laser Induced fluorescence) techniques. Ability of carrying out quantitative and qualitative analysis for spectroscopic data using different programs
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Discrimination between the authentic and fake Egyptian funerary figurines “Ushabtis” via laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy, A Khedr, H Sadek, OA Nassef, M Abdelhamid, MA Harith Journal of Cultural Heritage, (2019).
2. EVALUATING LASER CLEANING OF CORRODED ARCHAEOLOGICAL SILVER COINS.O Abdel-Kareem, A Al-Zahrani, A Khedr, MA Harith, Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry 16 (1) (2016).
3. EVALUATING THE USE OF LASER IN ANALYSIS AND CLEANING OF THE ISLAMIC MARINE ARCHAEOLOGICAL COINS EXCAVATED FROM THE RED SEA.O Abdel-Kareem, A Al-Zahrani, A Khedr, MA Harith, International Journal of Conservation Science 7 (2). (2016)
4. CHARACTERISATION OF LUSTRE COMPOSITIONS FROM EGYPT BY LIBS AND IBA.H Sadek, A Khedr, M Simileanu, R Radvan “Digest Journal of Nanomaterials & Biostructures” (DJNB) 8 (4) (2013).
5. In-depth micro-spectrochemical analysis of archaeological Egyptian pottery shards, A Khedr, MA Harith, Applied Physics A 113 (4), 835-842 (2013).
6. The potential use of plume imaging for real-time monitoring of laser ablation cleaning of stonework, A Khedr, V Papadakis, P Pouli, D Anglos, MA Harith, Applied Physics B 105 (2), 485-492 (2011).
7. Compositional analysis of Ceramic Glaze by Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy and Energy Dispersive X‐Ray, A Khedr, O Abdel‐kareem, SH Elnabi, MA Harith AIP Conference Proceedings 1380 (1), 87-92. (2011).
8. Application Of Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) Technique In Investigation Of Historical Metal Threads, O Abdel - Kareem, A Khedr, M Abdelhamid, MA Harith, AIP Conference Proceedings 1172 (1), 85-90 (2009)
9. Cleaning Of Black Crust From Marble Substrate By Short Free Running μs Nd: YAG Laser, A Khedr, P Pouli, C Fotakis, MA Harith, AIP Conference Proceedings 1172 (1), 91-94 (2009).
10. Comparison between single and double pulse LIBS at different air pressures on silicon target, K. Amal, S.H. Elnaby, V. Palleschi, A. Salvetti, M.A. Harith, Applied Physics B, 83, 651-657 (2006)
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingHigher Education Study