Membership type: full
Therese Nicole Mbarga EssimCountry of origin: Cameroon Currently in: Cameroon, Yaounde General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2012 Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences2015 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Clinical Medicine and Public Health
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Therese Nicole Fouda Mbarga Essim, Christian Akem Dimala, Nsoh Marius, Richie Nansseu, Ajong Brian, Ndzo Judwin, Simeon-Pierre Choukem. Effects of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on glucose metabolism of HIV-infected patients, PROSPERO international prospective register of systematic reviews, August 2016.
2. Nicole Fouda Mbarga, Abdul-Razak Abubakari, Leopold Ndemnge Aminde and Antony R. Morgan , Seatbelt use and risk of major injuries sustained by vehicle occupants during motor-vehicle crashes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies, BMC Public Health, December 2018, 18:1413
3. Maxime Tindong, John N. Palle, Daniel Nebongo, Leopold Ndemnge Aminde, Yannick Mboue-Djieka, Nicole T. Fouda Mbarga, Mesmin Y. Dehayem, Siméon-Pierre Choukem ? Prevalence, Clinical Presentation, and Factors Associated With Diabetic Foot Ulcer in Two Regional Hospitals in Cameroon , The International Journal of Lower Extremity Wounds, March 22, 2018, Vol 17,Issue 1
4. Carlson–Babila Sama, Nicole Fouda Mbarga, Calvin Eta Oben, Jules A. Mbarga, Elvis Kiloh Nfor, and Fru F. Angwafo III, Massive paediatric cervicofacial actinomycoses masquerading as an ulcerative malignancy. BMC Infectious Diseases, August 2016, 16: 417 ;
5. Chichom-Mefire A, Mbarga-Essim NT , Monono ME , Ngowe MN, Compliance of district hospitals in the Center Region of Cameroon with WHO/IATSIC guidelines for the care of the injured: a cross-sectional analysis, World Journal of Surgery, October 2014, 38(10):2525-2533
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchHigher Education StudyOtherMedical activities
Other AwardsNov 2016Obama Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI)Obama Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), Regional Leadership Centre West Africa, Ghana: November 2016 for the Programme of Public Policy and Administration.Aug 2014Commonweal scholarshipsCommonweal tuition scholarships for students from commonwealth countries during the Commonwealth university games organised at the Glasgow Caledonian University in 2014.Aug 2013First IATSIC Price for the best free paper communication at the International Surgical WeekFirst IATSIC Price for the best free paper communication at the International Surgical Week, at Helsinki Finland for the research topic: ‘Compliance with the WHO/IATSIC trauma care guidelines in district hospitals in a low-income country: a regional prospective survey in Cameroon’.