Membership type: full
Fatma Ali MohamedCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Cairo General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2007 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
dyeing organic synthesis biological activity
Publications resulting from Research:
1. H. Z. Shams, M. H. Helal and F. A. Mohamed (2001): A novel synthesis of polyfunctionally substituted pyrazolo[1,2-a]pyrazole and thieno [3`,2`-3,4]pyrazolo[1,2-a]pyrazole systems. Phosphorus, Sulfur and Silicon, 174: 255-267.
2. H. Z. Shams, M. H. Helal and F. A. Mohamed (2001): Synthesis of a new series of polyfunctionally substituted pyrazole azo dye systems for dyeing of synthetic and modified cellulose fibers. Pigment and Resin Technology, 30(2): 99-108.
3. H. Z. Shams, M. H. Helal, F. A. Mohamed and S. Abd-Elhafiz (2001): A novel synthesis of 1-oxo-thieno [3`,2`-3,4]pyrazolo[1,2-a]pyrazole azo dye systems for dyeing of synthetic and modified cellulose fibers. Pigment and Resin Technology, 30(3): 158-163.
4. Y.A. Youssef, M.M. El-Zawahry, F.A. Mohamed, H.Z. Shams and E.A. El-Kharadly: International Fiber Conf., Engineer House: Seoul University, Seoul, Korea, pp. 201-2 (2006).
5. H. Z. Shams, Y.A. Youssef, F.A. Mohamed and M. H. Helal (2009): Synthesis and application of novel disazo pyrazolo[1,2-a]pyrazole reactive dyes. Pigment and Resin Technology, 38(6): 372-379.
6. A. A. Mousa, F. A. Mohamed, R. Farouk and Y.A. Youssef, (2011), “Uonio dyeing of wool/polyester blend fabric using a sulphatpethylsuphone dye analogue of C.I. disperse yellow 16”. Al-Azhar bull. Sci. vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 129-140.
7. Fatma Mohamed and Y.A. Youssef, (2012), “Synthesis and application of bifunctional reactive dyes pyrazolo[1,2-a] pyrazole-3-carboxylic acid”. Pigment and Resin Technology, 41 (1): 49 – 54.
8. Fatma A. Mohamed and Ahmed K.A. (2012), “Synthesis and application of reactive dyes with 3-Amino-2-thioxo-4-thiazolidinone nucleus”. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 8(10): 5009-5017.
9. Farouk R., Mohamed F. A., Youssef Y. A. and Mousa A. A. (2012), “High Performance Thiophene-Based Bifunctional Sulphatoethylsulphone Disazo Reactive Disperse Dye on Silk and Nylon 6 Fabrics”. Journal of American Science; 8(12): 1101 – 1105.
10. F. A. Mohamed and R. M. Mohareb (2014), “Synthesis and Application of Novel Reactive Disperse Dye based on Tetrahydrobenzo[b]thiophene moiety”. Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 18)),3: 28-34
11. F. A. Mohamed and R. M. Mohareb (2013), “Synthesis and applications of new bifunctional dyes Bis (monochlorotriazine) based on tetrahydrobenzo [b]thiophene moiety”. Pigment and Resin Technology, 42(4) : 264–270.
12. Fatma A. Mohamed and El-Alfy, E.A. (2013), “Improving dyeability of cotton fabric via grafting with Dimethylamino Ethylmethacrylate”. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 9(1): 178-183.
13. Mohamed F. A., Farouk R., Youssef Y. A. and Mousa A. A. (2013), “Dyeing of Nylon 6 and Silk Fabrics with Novel Polyfunctional Disazo Reactive Disperse Dye”. Journal of American Science; 9(1): 34 - 39.
14. Mohamed F.A., Ibrahim H. M., (2014) "Antimicrobial dyes based on heterocyclic and/or homocyclic systemsfor dyeing and textile finishing", Research & Reviews in BioSciences, 8(8), 285-15.
15. Fatma A. Mohamed, N. F.Ali and R.S.R. EL-Mohamedy A. A. Hebeish (2014), “Biodegredation of reactive and reactive disperse dyes by Aspergillius nigar” Journal of Bioremediation & Biodegradation,5 ( 1) 1-5.
16. Fatma A. Mohamed, Mahmoud S. Bashandy, H. Abd El-Wahab, Mahmoud B. Sheier, Mohamed M. El-Molla1, Ahmed H. Bedair, (2014),” Synthesis of Several Newly Acid Dyes and their Application in Textile Dyeing”, International Journal of Advanced Research, 2 ( 7), 248-260.
17. Fatma A. Mohamed and K. Haggag, (2015)” Solvent free fluorescein dye and its application use Microwave”, International Journal of ChemTech Research,7, (01), 164-169.
18.Fatma A. Mohamed, A. A. Mousa, R. Farouk and Y. A. Youssef, (2015),”Union dyeing of wool/polyester blend fabric using sulphatoethylsulphone dye derivative of C.I. Disperse Yellow 23”, International Journal of ChemTech Research, 8, ( 8), 112-120.
19. Fatma A. Mohamed, N.F. Ali and RSR EL-Mohamedy, (2015), “The Dye Ability and Antimicrobial Activity of Wool Fibers Dyed with Reactive Dyes and Pre- Treated with Chitosan” Internationa Jornal of Current Microbiolog of Applied Science , 4( 11) ,587-596.
20. Fatma A. Mohamed, Hassan M. Ibrahim , Elham A. El-Kharadly, Ekhlas A. El-Alfy (2016), “Improving Dye ability and antimicrobial properties of Cotton Fabric” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 6 (02), 119-123.
21. Mahmoud S. Bashandy, Fatma A. Mohamed, Mohamed M. El-Molla ,Mahmoud B. Sheier, Ahmed H. Bedair, (2016), “Synthesis of Novel Acid Dyes with Coumarin Moiety and Their Utilization for Dyeing Wool and Silk Fabrics”, Open Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 6, 18-35.
22. Fatma A. Mohamed, Hassan M. Ibrahim and Maysa M. Reda, ( 2016), “Eco friendly dyeing of wool and cotton fabrics with reactive dyes (bifunctional) and its antibacterial activity”, Der Pharma Chemica, 8(16):159-167
23. Fatma A Mohamed, NF Ali, RSR EL-Mohamedy, (2017), “Evaluation of the Antimicrobial Activity for Wool Fibers Dyed with New Synthesized Reactive Dyes”, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 44(2): 121-126.
24. Fatma A. Mohamed , Saadia A. Abd El-Megied, Mahmoud S. Bashandy and Hassan M. Ibrahim( 2018), “Synthesis, application and antibacterial activity of new reactive dyes based on thiazole moiety”, Pigment & Resin Technology, 47(3): 246–254
25. Fatma A. Mohamed, Hassan M. Ibrahim, A.A. Aly and Ekhlas A. El-Alfy (2018), “Improvement of dyeability and antibacterial properties of gelatin treated cotton fabrics with synthesized reactive dye ”, Bioscience research, 15(4): 4403-4408
26. Fatma A. Mohamed, (2018), “Eco-friendly dyeing of wool and silk fabrics using mixed synthesized acid and natural dyes and antibacterial activity for the dyed fabrics” Bioscience research, 15(3):1480-1486.
27. Fatma A. Mohamed, Saadia A. Abd El-Megied, Raffat Mohareb, (2020), Synthesis and application of novel reactive dyes based on Dimedone moiety” Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 63, No. 11 pp. 4447 – 4455
28. Fatma A. Mohamed, Maysa M. Reda )2020), Antibacterial Finishing and Dyeing Affinity Enhancement of cellulose-based fabrics via pre-treatment by chitosan nanoparticles treatment” European Journal of Molecular & Clinical Medicine ,Vol. 07, Issue 10, pp. 2378-2392.
29. Fatma A. Mohamed, Shaban Elkhabiry, Hassan M. Ibrahim (2022), “Synthesis and antibacterial activity of some novel nucleus N-aminorhodanine based bis monofunctional and bifunctional reactive dyes and their application on wool and cotton fabrics” ” Egyptian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 65, No. 2 pp. 597 – 608.
30. Fatma A. Mohamed, Mahmoud B. Sheier, Maysa M. Reda, Hassan M. Ibrahim (2021), Synthesis, application, and antibacterial activity of new direct dyes based on chromene derivatives”, Current Organic Synthesis, accepted
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Researchprofessor in department of dyeing printing and auxiliaries -research and textile research institute- national research centre
Workshop and Conference Attended2016 بمحافظة القنفذة –جامعة ام القرى –مكة المكرمة –السعودية حضور ندوة عن ادارة المراجع العلمية بالكلية الجامعية بالقنفذة-
Affiliationsnational research centre
Presentation given2014عمل ندوة عن الصبغات بالكلية الجامعية بالقنفذة-بمحافظة القنفذة –جامعة ام القرى –مكة المكرمة –السعوديةEvent: classification of dyes and their usage