Safaa Hussein MohamedCountry of origin: Egypt Currently in: Egypt, Giza General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2016 Doctorate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Supervision PhD thesis. "Possible role of some nutraceuticals in management of liver fibrosis induced in obese rat." For Mary Nassif Massoud Gadallah- Faculty of Sciences – Cairo University – Running. "Attenuate effects of stem cells or / andTrigonellafoenum-graecum extractagainst simvastatin -induced muscular atrophy in experimental rat model." for Heba El-sayedAbd El Aty Ismail - Assist. Lecturer in Zoology Department -Faculty of Women for Art,Science and Education – Ain Shams University
Publications resulting from Research:
A: Published papers in scientific periodicals
1- Hanaa H. Ahmed, Emad F. Eskander, Safaa H. Mohammed, Mohamed B. Ahmed and Shawky Soliman (2008): Efficacy of certain amino acids in intervention of osteoporosis in ovariectomized rats. Egypt J. Med. Lab. Sci., 17: 19-34.
1. Safaa H Mohamed, Hanaa H. Ahmed, Abdel Razik H. Farrag, Nahla S. Abdel-Azim, Abdelaaty A. Shahat (2013): Cynara Scolymus for relieving on nonalcoholic steatohepatitis induced in rats. International Journal of Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Sciences, 5: 57-66.
2. Ahmed M. Salem, Hanaa H. Ahmed, Abdelaaty A Shahat, Mohamed R. Mohamed, Abdel Razik H. Farrag, Safaa H. Mohamed (2014): Distinct Mechanisms Underlying the Therapeutic Potential of Foeniculum vulgare in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease-Experimental Study. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 28(2): 150-161
3. Hanaa H. Ahmed, Ahmed M. Salem, Mohamed R. Mohamed, Abdelaaty A Shahat, Wagdy KB Khalil and Safaa H. Mohamed (2015): Experimental evidences for the promising therapeutic role of Vitis vinifera seed extract against nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 7(2): 417-424.
4. Ahmed A. Abd-Rabou, Marwa A. Mwaheb, Ola N. Sayed, Safaa H. Mohamed and Mohamed S. Kishta (2016): 5-fluorouracil synergized with raloxifene and cytosine β-D-arabinofuranoside to combat colorectal cancers in vitro via controlling lipolysis. Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 12: 14-23.
5. Mwaheb MA, Sayed ON, Mohamed SH (2016): Protective Effect of Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) Extract on Lithium-Induced Renal and Testis Toxicity in Albino Rats. J Drug Metab Toxicol 7: 216.
6. Ahmed A. Abd-Rabou, Safaa H. Mohamed, Marwa A. Mwaheb, Ola N. Sayed, Mohamed S. Kishta (2017): Metaformin-based regimen inhibits glucose uptake and G6PD activity: A de novo anti-cervical cancer strategy tackles HeLa and its derivative Hep2 cells. Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology. J. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 12 : 76-86.
7. Soheir E Kotob, Alaa H Sayed, Safaa H Mohamed, Hanaa H Ahmed (2018): Quercein and ellagic acid in gasteric ulcer prevention : An integrated scheme of the potential mechanisms of action from in vivo study. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 11, Issue 1, 2018, 381-389.
8. Safaa H. Mohamed , Soheir E. Kotob , Hanaa H. Ahmed , Ahmed A. Abd-Rabou and Mohamed S. Kishta (2019): Toxicological and histopathological in-vivo studies for safe dose optimization of avastin and CCR2 antagonist nanoparticles. Bioscience Research, 2019 volume 16(1): 596-619.
9. Abdelsamed. Elshamy, Abdel-Razik H. Farrag,Safaa H. Mohamed, Naglaa A. Ali, Tarik A. Mohamed, Medhat M. Menshawy,Asmaa W. Zaglool, Thomas Efferth, Mohamed-Elamir F. Hegazy (2020): Gastroprotective effects of ursolic acid isolated from Ochrosiaelliptica on ethanol-induced gastric ulcer in rats. Medicinal Chemistry Research 29:113–125.
10. Safaa H. Mohamed, Abdelaaty A. Shahat, Mohamed R. Mohamed, Wagdy K. B. Khalil, Ahmed M. Salem, Abdel Razik H. Farrag, Hanaa H. Ahmed. Camellia sinesis leaves extract ameliorates high fat diet-induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in rats: analysis of potential mechanisms. Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation 2021; 51(2): 183 doi: 10.1007/s40005-020-00500-0.
11. Naglaa A. Ali, Mohamed S. Kishta, Abdel-Razik H Farrag, Mohamed Fekry, Safaa H. Mohamed (2021): Targeted delivery of Chitosan nanoparticles for treatment of lung fibrosis induced in rats. InPress.
12. Safaa H Mohamed, Asmaa Magdy Zaazaa, Bosy Azmy Abd El-Motelp, Naglaa A. Ali, Ahmed M. Youssef, Stem cell-derived exosomes and copper sulphate nanoparticles attenuate the progression of neurodegenerative disorders induced by cadmium in rats
B- Books publications
Safaa Hussein, Hanaa H. Ahmed and Mohamed B. Ahmed (2015): New aspects in the treatment of bone diseases. ISBN 978-659-69894-1.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Research