Membership type: full
Rimsha MunirCountry of origin: Pakistan Currently in: Pakistan, Lahore General field of specialization: Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Degrees2013 Master Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology2011 Master Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Current Research Activities
Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Recently completed my PhD in the field of cancer biology. Now Working as Post-Doctoral associate in Cancer Biology Lab MMG Department University of the Punjab Lahore.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Usman H, Munir R, Ameer. F, & Hasnain S. Cancer Associated Dyslipidemia, Invited chapter in: Advances in Dyslipidemia. eBook, 2016.
2. Ameer, F., Munir, R., & Zaidi, N. (2018). Lipid Metabolism Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences: Elsevier.
Articles in Refereed Journals
1. Munir, R. (2019). The ability to deal with metabolic stress correlates with cell proliferation rates under 2D or 3D cell culture system. Pakistan Journal of Zoology.
2. Haqqi, A., Munir, R., Khalid, M., Khurram, M., Zaid, M., Ali, M., ... & Afzal, M. S. (2019). Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus Genotypes in Pakistan: Current Scenario and Review of Literature. Viral immunology.
3. Lisec, J., Jaeger, C., Rashid, R., Munir, R., & Zaidi, N. (2019). Cancer cell lipid class homeostasis is altered under nutrient-deprivation but stable under hypoxia. BMC cancer, 19(1), 501.
4. Munir, R., Lisec, J., Swinnen, J. V., & Zaidi, N. (2019). Lipid metabolism in cancer cells under metabolic stress. British journal of cancer, 1.
5. Munir R, Smans K, Kalbacher H & Zaidi N. Atypical plasma lipid profile in cancer patients: cause or consequence? – Review article Biochimie. 2014; 102:9-18.
6. Iqbal, A., Zaid, M., Munir, R., Usman, H., Kalbacher, H., Scandiuzzi, L., & Zaidi, N. (2016). Atypical plasma lipid profiles in leukemia. Clinica Chimica Acta, 452, 129-133.
7. Usman, H., Ameer, F., Munir, R., Iqbal, A., Zaid, M., Hasnain, S. & Zaidi, N. (2016). Leukemia cells display lower levels of intracellular cholesterol irrespective of the exogenous cholesterol availability. Clinica Chimica Acta, 457, 12-17.
8. Ameer, F., Munir, R., Usman, H., Rashid, R., Shahjahan, M., Hasnain, S., & Zaidi, N. (2017). Lipid-load in peripheral blood mononuclear cells: Impact of food-consumption, dietary-macronutrients, extracellular lipid availability and demographic factors. Biochimie, 135, 104-110.
9. Zaid, M., Ameer, F., Munir, R., Rashid, R., Farooq, N., Hasnain, S., & Zaidi, N. (2017). Anthropometric and metabolic indices in assessment of type and severity of dyslipidemia. Journal of Physiological Anthropology, 36(1), 19.
Munir, R., Lisec, J., Jaeger, C., & Zaidi, N. (2019). Abundance, fatty acid composition and saturation index of neutral lipids are significantly different between isogenic primary and metastatic colon cancer cell lines. bioRxiv, 690685.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchWorking as Post-Doctoral associate in Cancer Biology Lab MMG Department University of the Punjab Lahore.