Membership type: full
Katongo Hope MutengoCountry of origin: Zambia Currently in: Zambia, Livingstone General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2019 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences2009 Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences2006 Undergraduate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
1. Critical Care Services in Zambia 2. Non-communicable diseases and HIV 3. COVID-19 Vaccination response 4. Cardiovascular diseases
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Prevalence of low high-density lipoprotein among young adults receiving antiretroviral therapy in Zambia: An opportunity to consider non-communicable diseases in resource-limited settings. PloS one, 16(2), e0247004. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0247004.
2. Bio-Electric Impedance Analysis and Anthropometric Obesity Indices as Predictors of Dyslipidaemia Among Adults at A Tertiary Institution in Lusaka, Zambia. PREPRINT (Version 1) available at Research Square https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-80185/v1
3. Proxies for COVID-19 Diagnosis for Adults in Resource Limited Settings: A Case Series Study in Zambia. doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-150178/v1.
4. Pernicious Anemia and Vitiligo in an HIV Patient: An Unfamiliar Case Presentation. Case reports in gastrointestinal medicine, 2020, 7942453. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/7942453.
5. COVID-19 Severity and COVID-19-Associated Deaths Among Hospitalized Patients with HIV Infection - Zambia, March-December 2020. MMWR. Morbidity and mortality weekly report, 70(22), 807–810. https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7022a2.
6. Type 2 diabetes mellitus prevalence and risk scores in treated PLWHIV: a cross-sectional preliminary study. BMC Res Notes 12, 145. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13104-019-4183-6.
7. Progressive respiratory distress in a 42-year-old HIV-positive woman with systemic lupus erythematosus. European journal of medical research, 22(1), 19. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40001-017-0261-1.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:OtherClinical work, teaching, research
Workshop and Conference Attended2021 Lusaka Zambia College of Physicians (ZACOPH) conference2019 Lusaka Annual Zambia HIV conference2020 Livingstone Zambia Medical Association Annual General Meeting2022 Virtual Medical Women Association Mentorship Programme Launch2021 Lusaka Design and Implementation of the Zambia HIV Treatment Guidelines for 2021
AffiliationsZambia College of PhysiciansMedical Women Association of ZambiaHealth Professions Council of ZambiaHIV, Hypertension, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Diabetes & Dyslipidemia (HAND) research groupMulungushi University School of Medicine and Health Sciences Research Ethics CommitteeNational Health Research Authority of Zambia
Presentation given2021HIV and Vitiligo: An unfamiliar PresentationLusakaEvent: Zambia College of Physicians workshop2021Integration of HIV and Non-communicable Diseases ServicesLusakaEvent: Design and Implementation of the Zambia HIV Treatment Guidelines for 20212021COVID-19: Myths and FactsLusakaEvent: Mulungushi University- Africa Rapid Grant Fund Science and Health Journalists and Communications