Felicia OkwunoduluCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Umuahia, Abia State General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2014 Doctorate Chemical Sciences2005 Master Chemical Sciences1998 Undergraduate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
Waste management, Optimization of biofuel synthesis using biomaterials, Effluents treatment using bioadsorbent, metal nanoparticle, Remediation of oil polluted environment using biologically synthesized metal oxide nanoparticle.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. F. U. Okwunodulu and S. A. Odoemelam (2012). Potentials of unmodified and thiolated modified Pentaclethra macrophylla (Benth) in the detoxification of Cd(II), Ni(II) and Pb(II) from industrial wastewaters. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition of Chemical Society of Nigeria, 35(1): 188 ─ 192.
2. F. U. Okwunodulu and S. A. Odoemelam (2014). Usefulness of Telfairia occidentalis Waste for the Adsorption of Toxic Heavy Metal from Simulated Effluent. International Journal of Science and Research, 3(3): 562 ─ 566.
3. F. U. Okwunodulu, and N. O. Eddy (2014). Equilibrium and Thermodynamic Consideration of Cd2+, Ni2+ and Pb2+ Removal From Aqueous Solution Onto Treated and Untreated Cola Nitida Waste Biomass. International Journal of Science and Research, 3(3): 567 ─ 570.
4. Okwunodulu Felicia Uchechukwu, Odoemelam Stevens Azubuike and Eddy Nnabuk Okon (2015). Temperature and pH influence in sequestering cadmium, nickel and lead ions from synthetic wastewater using fluted pumpkin seed coat. Journal of Molecular Studies and Medicine Research 01(01) 34-40.
5. F. U. Okwunodulu, F. K. Onwu and S. A. Odoemelam (2015). Bioremediation of industrial wastewater polluted with trace metals using oil bean seed shell. Advances in Applied Science Research, 6(1): 83-88.
6.Okwunodulu F. U. and Mgbemena N. M. (2015). Kinetic Studies Of Oil Bean Seed Shell in the Adsorption of Toxic Heavy Metals From Their Solutions. Journal of Der Chemica Sinica 6(5) 52- 56.
7. Okwunodulu Felicia Uchechukwu, Odoemelam Steven Azubuike andEddy Nnabuk Okon (2015). Biosorption Of Cd2+, Ni2+ And Pb2+ By The Shell Of Pentaclethra Macrophylla: Equilibrium Isotherm studies. Journal of Science, Technology and Environment Informatics.02(01) 26-35.
8. F. U. Okwunodulu, S. A. Odoemelam and E. N. Okon (2016). Effect of adsorbent dose and initial metal ion concentrations on the sorption of Cd2+, Ni2+ and Pb2+ by Telfairia occidentalis seed coat from industrial effluent. Chemical Society of Nigeria, ANACHEM Journal 6(1) 1178 – 1188.
9. F. U. Okwunodulu, S. A. Odoemelam and E. N. Okon. (2018). KOLANUT POD HUSK: A POTENTIAL BIOSORBENT For Cd2+, Ni2+ and Pb2+ . Afriacn Journal of Environment and Natural Science Research, 1(2): 1-9.
10.Ifediora Nonyelum Helena and Okwunodulu Felicia Uchechukwu (2018). Potentials of some grass species in the phytoremediation of waste engine contaminated soils. Afriacn Journal of Environment and Natural Science Research, 1(2): 10-19.
11. Felicia UchechukwuOkwunodulu, Helen Ogechi Chukwuemeka-Okorie and Francis Chijioke Kalu. (2019). Biological Synthesis of cobalt nanoparticles from Mangifera indica leaf extract and application by detection f manganese (II) ions present in industrial wastewater. Chemical Science International Journal 27(1): 1-8.
12. F. U. Okwunodulu, H. O. Chukwuemeka-Okorie, N. M. Mgbemena and J. B. I. Kalu. (2019). Adsorption of Cr6+ onto unmodified and hydrochloric acid modified African nutmeg pod (Monodora myristica) from aqueous solution. Asian Journal of Applied Chemistry Research 3(3):1-8.
13. F. U. Okwunodulu, S. A. Odoemelam, E. N. Okon. (2019). Comparative studies on intraparticle diffusivity of some selected divalent metal ions removal from industrial wastewater using different wastes biomass. Chemical Society of Nigeria, ANACHEM Journal 9(1): 1684-1697.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingTeaching, Research project supervision, Seminar coordination, Examination supervision, Journal reviewer, Compilation and collation of results, Conference and workshop organiser.
Workshop and Conference Attended2012, 2014, 2016 Nigeria •35th Annual International Conference,Workshop and Exhibition of the Chemical Society of Nigeria Owerri, Imo State 2012. •International Conference of the Chemical Society of Nigeria Uyo, Akwa Ibom State 2014. •9th ANACHEM Conference 2016
AffiliationsChemical society of Nigeria
Presentation given2016Effect of adsorbent dose and initial metal ion concentrations on the sorption of Cd2+, Ni2+ and Pb2+ by Telfairia occidentalis seed coat from industrial effluent. Chemical Society of Nigeria, ANACHEM Journal 6(1) 1178 – 1188.NigeriaEvent: •9th ANACHEM Conference of the Chemical Society of Nigeria Umunze, Anambra State 2016.
Other AwardsDec 2023None