Membership type: full
Stella Oghomwen OlubodunCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Benin City General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2015 Doctorate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Heavy Metal toxicity, Crude oil effects, Medicinal plant research
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Falodun, A., Olubodun, S. O., Obasuyi, O. and Abhulimhen-Iyoha, B. I. (2007). Phytochemical studies and antimicrobial activity of a Nigerian medicinal plant Acalypha godseffiana (Euphobiaceae) leaf extract used in skin infection. International Journal of Chemistry. 17(2): 113-117
2. Omonkhua, A. A., Adesunloro, C. A., Osaloni, O. O. and Olubodun, S. O. (2009). Evaluation of the effects of aqueous extracts of Hibiscus sabdariffa calyces on cadmium-induced oxidative damage in rats. Journal of Biological Sciences. 9(1): 68-72
3. Omoregie, E. S., Okugbo, O. T., Oikeh, E. I., Oriakhi, K., Olubodun, S. O., Omoigui, D. I. and Osarenren, O. P. (2014). Phytochemical Screening and in vitro Anti-inflammatory Activity of Methanol Extract of Clerodendrum splendens leaf. Journal of the Nigerian Society for Experimental Biology. 14(3): 160-167.
4. Olubodun, S. O. and Osagie, O. A. (2016). Oxidative stress in rats exposed to Crude oil and protective role of Enantia chlorantha. Nigerian Journal of Life Sciences. 6(1): 196-205.
5. Olubodun, S. O. and Osagie, O. A. (2018). Anti-inflammatory effects of Enantia chloranthia and Nauclea latifolia on crude oil-induced oxidative stress in albino Wister rats. Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research. 17(1 & 2): 53-62.
6. Olubodun, S. O. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2013). Effect of different crude oil fractions on growth and oxidative stress parameters of maize radicle. International Journal of Plant and Soil Science. 2(1): 144-154.
7. Olubodun, S. O. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2014). Adenosine Triphosphatase Activities of Zea Mays and Vigna unguiculata Exposed to Different Crude Oil Fractions. International Journal of Biochemistry Research and Review. 4(6): 505-516
8. Olubodun, S. O. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2015). Antioxidant Enzymes and Crude Mitochondria ATPases in the Radicle of Germinating Bean (Vigna unguiculata) Exposed to Different Concentrations of Crude Oil. International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering. 9(3): 230-235.
9. Olubodun, S. O. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2015). Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase and Carbohydrate in Bean (Vigna unguiculata) Exposed to Crude Oil. Journal of Biological Sciences. 15:150-155
10. Olubodun, S. O., Uanseoje, S. O., Ojeaburu, S. I., Olusanya O. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2016). Aldehyde oxidase activity and levels of uric acid in selected tissues of Clarias garienpinus (African catfish) and Oreochromis niloticus (Tilapia) from different sites of Ikpoba River. Biokemistri. 28(3): 106-113.
11. Edet, F., Olubodun, S. O., Uanseoje, S. O., Rotimi, S. and Eriyamremu, G. E. (2020). Eﬀect of Pinkwater BioSolve on expression of proinﬂammatory cytokines and histological changes in Gallus domesticus embryo. Toxicology Reports, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxrep.2020.04.009
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingLecturing and research
Workshop and Conference Attended2020 Dublin 9. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). SETAC Europe 30th Annual Meeting (May 3 – 7, 2020) held in visual space in Dublin, Ireland.2016 Vancouver, Canada The Young Scientists Program (YSP) and 16th International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB) Conference held in Vancouver, Canada2019 Calabar, Nigeria 7. Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) 4th Annual South South Zonal Conference
Presentation given2020Inﬂuence of spiking on spatial distribution and fractionation of lead (Pb) in crude oil spill soil.”DublinEvent: 9. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). SETAC Europe 30th Annual Meeting
Other AwardsAug 2016Young Scientist AwardNSBMB Young Scientist Award, Vancouver, Canada