Cécile Harmonie OtoidobigaCountry of origin: Burkina Faso Currently in: Burkina Faso, KOUDOUGOU General field of specialization: Agricultural Sciences
Early Career Fellowship
Degrees2020 Doctorate Agricultural Sciences
Current Research Activities
An microbiologist working on the control of the impact the Iron Reducing Bacteria and Sulfate Reducing Bacteria activities and development , on rice plants productivities in lowland, under iron and sulphurs toxicities conditions, by the application of sustainable fertilization, subsurface drainage and rice varieties selection.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Otoidobiga, C.H., Kam, H., Bagayogo, A., Savadogo, A., Sa- wadogo, J.B., Sawadogo, S., Sawadogo, A., Sinaré, Y., Ouédraogo, I., Zombré, P., Asakawa, S., Traoré, A.S. and Dianou, D. (2016) Effect of Combined Application of Subsur- face Drainage and Mineral Fertilization on Iron-Reducing Bacterial Populations’ Developments and Fe2+ Uptake by Two Rice Varieties in an Iron Toxic Paddy Soil of Burkina Faso (West Africa). Agricultural Sciences, 7, 783-804. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/as.2016.711072
2. Otoidobiga, C.H., Sawadogo, A., Sinaré, Y., Ouédraogo, I., Zombré, P., Asakawa, S., Traore, A.S. and Dianou, D. (2016) Effect of Fertilization on the Dynamics and Activity of Iron-Reducing Bacterial Populations in a West African Rice Paddy Soil Planted with Two Rice Varieties: Case Study of Kou Valley in Burkina Faso. Journal of Environmental Protection, 7, 1119-1131. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jep.2016.78101
3. Otoidobiga, C.H., Keita, A., Yacouba, H., Traore, A.S. and Dianou, D. (2015) Dynamics and Activity of Sulfate-Reducing Bacterial Populations in Paddy Soil under Subsurface Drainage: Case Study of Kamboinse in Burkina Faso. Agricultural Sciences, 6, 1393-1403. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/as.2015.611135
4. Otoidobiga, C.H., Keita, A., Yacouba, H., Traore, A.S. and Dianou, D. (2015) Dynamics and Activity of Iron-Reducing Bacterial Populations in a West African Rice Paddy Soil under Subsurface Drainage: Case Study of Kamboinse in Burkina Faso. Agricultural Sciences, 6, 860-869. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/as.2015.68083
5. SAWADOGO Adama, OTOIDOBIGA C. Harmonie, NITIEMA Léon W., TRAORÉ Alfred S., DIANOU Dayéri (2016). Optimization of Hydrocarbons Biodegradation by Bacterial Strains Isolated from Wastewaters in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: Case Study of SAE 40/50 Used Oils and Diesel. Journal of Agricultural Chemistry and Environment, 5, 1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jacen.2016.51001
6. KABORE Aminata, SAVADOGO Boubacar, OTOIDOBIGA Harmonie, SAWADOGO Adama, ROSILLON Francis, TRAORE S. Alfred, DIANOU Dayéri (2015). Microbiological quality of water treated with Moringa oleifera seeds or cakes during the storage: Case study of water reservoir of Loumbila, Ziga and Ouaga 3 in Burkina Faso. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 2015, 7, 312-321p. doi: 10.4236/jwarp.2015.74025, Published Online March 2015. http://www.scirp.org/journal/jwarp.
7. SAWADOGO Adama, OTOIDOBIGA C. Harmonie, KABORÉ Aminata, SAWADOGO B. Joseph, TRAORE S. Alfred, DIANOU Dayéri (2015). Optimization of hydrocarbons biodegradation by bacterial strains isolated from wastewaters in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso: Case study of diesel and used lubricating oils. Current Research in Microbiology and Biotechnology, Vol. 3, N°3 (2015): 652-65. ISSN: 2320 – 2446p.
8. SAWADOGO Adama, KABORÉ Aminata, OTOIDOBIGA C. Harmonie, SAWADOGO B. Joseph, TRAORE S. Alfred, DIANOU Dayéri (2014). Isolation and characterization of hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria from wastewaters in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. Journal of Environmental Protection, 2014, 5, 1183-1196p. Published Online September 2014 in Sci. Res. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jep.2014.512115.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingLecturer and researcher in Biochemistry and Microbiology at Norbert Zongo University
Workshop and Conference Attended2017 Ouagadougou/Burkina Faso International Symposium on Food Security in Africa (CIS2A)2014 Nagoya, Japan International Seminar, Expectation to Microbial Bioremediation in Asia and Africa -Potential of microorganisms in solving environmental issues in soil and water2013 Ouagadougou/Burkina Faso Open Day of the University of Ouagadougou2018 Rome, Italy Global Symposium on Soil Pollution/FAO2017 Ouagadougou International Symposium on Science and Technology / WASCAL,2016 Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso International Symposium on Science and Technology / WAAPP-PPAO2016 Ouagadougou/ Burkina faso Open Day of the National Center for Scientific and Technological Research,2019 Trieste/ Italy OWSD Early Career Fellowship Orientation Workshop2019 Dakar/Sénégal SUB SAHARAN AFRICA For Women In Science WEEK
Other AwardsMar 2019L'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan AfricaL'Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science Sub-Saharan Africa award is a regional Sub-Saharan Programme, which select annualy Young women scientists, on the basis of the excellence of their projects, to support their research work and to assist their on the development of their scientific career.
Fellowship with OWSD
Fellowship with OWSD
Fellowship awarded 2019
Early Career Fellowship awarded awarded