Membership type: full
Sareh PandamoozCountry of origin: Iran, Isl. Rep. Currently in: Iran, Isl. Rep., Shiraz General field of specialization: Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Degrees2016 Doctorate Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Current Research Activities
Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Application of stem cells in neurological conditions
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Saeideh Karimi-Haghighi, Sareh Pandamooz, Benjamin Jurek, Sadegh Fattahi, Anahid Safari, Negar Azarpira, Mehdi Dianatpour, Etrat Hooshmandi, Mahnaz Bayat, Maryam Owjfard, Seyedeh Shaghayegh Zafarmand, Mandana Mostaghel, Seyedeh Maryam Mousavi, Nahid Jashire Nezhad, Vida Eraghi, Nima Fadakar, Abbas Rahimi Jaberi, Carlos Garcia-Esperon, Neil Spratt, Christopher Levi, Mohammad Saied Salehi, Afshin Borhani-Haghighi. From Hair to the Brain: The Short-Term Therapeutic Potential of Human Hair Follicle-Derived Stem Cells and Their Conditioned Medium in a Rat Model of Stroke. Molecular Neurobiology. 2023, 60, 2587–2601.
2. Sareh Pandamooz, Benjamin Jurek, Mehdi Dianatpour, Silke Haerteis, Katharina Limm, Peter J.Oefner, Leila Dargahi, Afshin Borhani-Haghighi, Jaleel A. Miyan, Mohammad Saied Salehi. The beneficial effects of chick embryo extract preconditioning on hair follicle stem cells: A promising strategy to generate Schwann cells. Cell proliferation. 2023:e13397.
3. Benjamin Jurek, Lucia Denk, Nicole Schäfer, Mohammad Saied Salehi, Sareh Pandamooz, Silke Haerteis. . Oxytocin accelerates tight junction formation and impairs cellular migration in 3D spheroids: evidence from Gapmer-induced exon skipping. Frontiers in cellular neuroscience. 2022:516.
4. Sareh Pandamooz*, Mohammad Saied Salehi, Mehdi Dianatpour, Jaleel A Miyan. Could Embryonic Cerebrospinal Fluid Direct the Fate of Hair Follicle Stem Cells towards Dopaminergic Neurons to Treat Parkinson’s Disease? Stem Cell Reviews and Reports. 2022, 18, 3115–3117.
5. Seyedeh Maryam Mousavi, Bijan Akbarpour, Saeideh Karimi-Haghighi, Sareh Pandamooz, Ivaldo Jesus Almeida Belém-Filho, Marianella Masís-Calvo, Haniye Salimi, Ramin Lashanizadegan, Alireza Pouramini, Maryam Owjfard, Etrat Hooshmandi, Mahnaz Bayat, Seyedeh Shaghayegh Zafarmand, Mehdi Dianatpour, Mohammad Saied Salehi, Afshin Borhani-Haghighi. Therapeutic potential of hair follicle-derived stem cell intranasal transplantation in a rat model of ischemic stroke. BMC neuroscience. 2022, 23,47.
6. Mohammad Saied Salehi, Benjamin Jurek, Saeideh Karimi-Haghighi, Nahid Jashire Nezhad, Seyedeh Maryam Mousavi, Etrat Hooshmandi, Anahid Safari, Mehdi Dianatpour, Silke Haerteis, Jaleel A Miyan, Sareh Pandamooz, Afshin Borhani-Haghighi. Intranasal application of stem cells and their derivatives as a new hope in the treatment of cerebral hypoxia/ischemia: a review. Reviews in the Neurosciences. 2022, 33(6), 583–606.
7. Sareh Pandamooz, Benjamin Jurek, Carl-Philipp Meinung, Zahra Baharvand, Alireza Sahebi Shahem-abadi, Silke Haerteis, Jaleel A Miyan, James Downing, Mehdi Dianatpour, Afshin Borhani-Haghighi, Mohammad Saied Salehi. Experimental models of SARS-CoV-2 infection: possible platforms to study COVID-19 pathogenesis and potential treatments. Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2022 62:1, 25-53.
8. Mohammad Saied Salehi, Sareh Pandamooz, Anahid Safari, Benjamin Jurek, Amin Tamadon, Mohammad Reza Namavar, Mehdi Dianatpour, Leila Dargahi, Negar Azarpira, Sadegh Fattahi, Seyed Mostafa Shid Moosavi, Somaye Keshavarz, Zahra Khodabandeh, Shahrokh Zare, Somayeh Nazari, Mojdeh Heidari, Sadegh Izadi, Maryam Poursadeghfard, Afshin Borhani‐Haghighi. Epidermal neural crest stem cell transplantation as a promising therapeutic strategy for ischemic stroke. CNS Neuroscience & Therapeutics. 2020; 26(7):670-681.
9. Sareh Pandamooz, Mohammad S Salehi, Mohammad I Zibaii, Abolhassan Ahmadiani, Mohammad Nabiuni, Leila Dargahi. Epidermal neural crest stem cell-derived glia enhance neurotrophic elements in an ex vivo model of spinal cord injury. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2018; 119(4):3486-3496.
10. Sareh Pandamooz, Mohammad Naji, Farid Alinezhad, Amin Zarghami, Mohsen Pourghasem. The influence of cerebrospinal fluid on epidermal neural crest stem cells may pave the path for cell-based therapy. Stem Cell Research & Therapy. 2013; 4(4):84.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:Research
Workshop and Conference Attended2017 Pecs, Hungary FENS Regional Meeting2017 Heidelberg, Germany European Mollecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) Conference2016 Helsingor, Denmark European Neuroscience Conference by Doctoral Students (ENCODS)
Other AwardsApr 2016IBRO international travel grant1800 Euro to participate ENCODS 2016Sep 2017FENS travel grant500 Euro to participate FENS regional meeting 2017May 2023IBRO travel grant 2023To participate in 11th IBRO World Congress of Neuroscience, Granada, SpainAug 2023Early Career AwardIBRO Early Career Award to support early career principal investigators by providing supplemental laboratory funding