Nakka K. Prasanna KumariCountry of origin: India Currently in: India, New Delhi General field of specialization: Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
Degrees2010 Doctorate Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology2005 Master Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology2003 Undergraduate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
In CSIR-NISCAIR, I served one important flagship journals viz. Indian journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics (IJBB; ISSN: 0301-1208) It is pertinent to mention that the journal still rank 3 among all the NISCAIR journals as per the available Journal Metrics by international agencies such as Thomson Reuters and Scopus. Details of remarkable academic achievements of IJBB which I am spearheading, both nationally and globally. The Indian journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics (IJBB) is a premier SCI-indexed bimonthly peer-reviewed research journal that publishes original research articles in the subject area of biochemistry and biophysics. During the period under review, I worked as the Editor, IJBB.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. ReshmaBhowmick, N.K.PrasannaKumari, and M.V. Jagannadham. A.M. Kayastha (2008) Purification and characterization of a novel protease from the latex of Pedilanthus tithymaloides. Protein & Peptide Letters (2008),15,1009-1016 Impact factor 1.942
2. MonuPande, N.K.PrasannaKumari, V.K. Dubey, P. Tripathi and M.V. Jagannadham. Organic solvents induced conformational changes in alkaline denatured state (Ip) of Pepsin: Effects on stability and unfolding.Process Biochemistry 44(2009),906-911.PublishedImpact factor 2.627
3. Subhash C Yadav, N.K.PrasannaKumari and M.V. Jagannadham. Deglycosylatedmilin unfolds via inactive monomeric intermediates. EurBiophys J (2010,) 39, 1581-1588.Published, Impact factor 2.139
4. N.K.PrasannaKumari and MV Jagannadham SDS induced molten globule state of heynein, a new thiol protease: Evidence of domains and their sequential unfolding. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (2011) 82, 609-615.Published Impact factor 3.456
5. N.K.PrasannaKumariand M.V. Jagannadham Organic solvents induced molten globule state of heynein, a new thiol protease: Evidence of domains and their sequential unfolding. Journal of Proteins and Proteomics 2(1), January-June 2011, pp. 11-21 (2011) Published
6. N.K.PrasannaKumariandM.V. Jagannadham Deciphering the molecular structure of cryptolepain in organic solvents Biochimie 94,354-317(2012) Published Impact factor 3.022
7. N.K.PrasannaKumariandM.V. Jagannadham SDS induced refolding of pre-molten globule state of cryptolepain: Differences in and chemical and temperature-induced equilibrium unfolding of SDS-induced state. March 2013, Volume 83, Issue 1, pp 71–80 (2013) Published Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological sciences.0.396 impact factor cited by 3
8.15. M.SrilathaD.Chinnarao B.Venkateswararao Ch.V.Padmarao N.Murali B. Anil Kumar N.K.Prasanna B. Kishore Babu Thermo-acoustic and FTIR studies on binary liquids mixture of ethyl oleate and benzaldehyde at 303.15 to 318.15 K Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy Volume 202, 5 September 2018, Pages 174-181 Impact factor 2.536
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchIn CSIR-NISCAIR, I served one important flagship journals viz. Indian journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics (IJBB; ISSN: 0301-1208) It is pertinent to mention that the journal still rank 3 among all the NISCAIR journals as per the available Journal Metrics by international agencies such as Thomson Reuters and Scopus. Details of remarkable academic achievements of IJBB which I am spearheading, both nationally and globally. The Indian journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics (IJBB) is a premier SCI-indexed bimonthly peer-reviewed research journal that publishes original research articles in the subject area of biochemistry and biophysics. During the period under review, I worked as the Editor, IJBB.
Workshop and Conference Attended2018 NEW DELHI Attended workshop-cum-training on “Tools and techniques in bioinformatics” sponsored by Department of biotechnology government of India during 12-14 March 2018 organised by Agriculture Knowledge management Unit, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi2015 IIT Guwahati Short term Course (STC), QIP titled: Advances in Environmental Health, Feb 09-13 2015 at IIT Guwahati2015 IIT Guwahati TEQIP National Course titled emerging micro pollutants in the environment: occurrence, transportation, monitoring and treatment.,2nd March to 5th at IIT Guwahati organized by centre for educational technology and department of chemical eng2015 IIT Guwahati Short Term Course on "Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Cancer Research" Feb 4-8, 2015 Indian Institute of technology, Guwahati2012 Andhrapradesh workshop-cum Training program titled BRNS-AEACI School on Analytical Chemistry from Feb 24-March 1 at SK University-Anantapur in collaboration with Baba Atomic Research center and passed the examination held on 1.03.20122017 ANDHRA PRADESH Three days National conference titled National Women’s Parliament (NWP) organised by the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly in association with MAEER’s MIT School of Governance on February 10, 11 and 12 at Pavithra Sangamam on the outskirts of Vijayawada2015 IIT GUWAHATI 4 days shorter course cum workshop on emerging micropollutants in the environment : occurrence, transporation, monitoring and treatment held during 2-5 march 20152015 IIT Guwahati DSIR Workshop on "Industrial Research in Development of Biopharmaceuticals" - on Tuesday, 3rd March 2015, at IIT Guwahati by the Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India.2014 IIT GUWAHATI National Conference On Exploitation of seri biodiversity for novel product development. Nov 29-30 2014 Indian Institute of technology, Guwahati2014 IIT GUWAHATI National conference on recent advances in cancer biology and therapeutics-2014 on 05/12/2014.2014 ALLAHABAD Redefining strategies in agriculture education research & extension by prof Rajendrakumar DG-UPCAR Lucknow on 29/4/2014.2014 ALLAHABAD one day workshop on intellectual property and innovation management in knowledge era on 7th / oct/2013 The workshop was organized in collaboration with NRDC New delhi.2014 ALLAHABAD expanding horizons in molecular biotechnology (NSEHMB-2014) on March,3rd , 2014 National academy of Sciences, India2013 NAGPUR one-day National Conference on Role of Occupational Ergonomics in Mining Industry at JNARDDC campus on 29th April, 2013 on the occasion of “World Day for Safety and Health at Work, 2013” .2012 NAGPUR National Conference on “Biomarkers In Health & Diseases” at JNARDDC campus on 21st and 22nd February 2012 on the occasion of Miners’ Health Day and Foundation Day of the Institute.2012 NAGPUR RSC West India IYC-Challenge Symposium 2012, on advancing Chemical Sciences as a part of RSC-IYC (International year of chemistry) challenge event from 31st Aug-1st Sept 2012” at Department of Chemistry, RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur, The workshop was org
AffiliationsINDIAN BIOPHYSICAL SOCIETYTHE SOCIETY OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTS (INDIA)