Bahbibi RahmatullahCountry of origin: Malaysia Currently in: Malaysia, Perak General field of specialization: Engineering sciences
Degrees2013 Doctorate Engineering sciences2007 Master Engineering sciences1999 Undergraduate Engineering sciences
Current Research Activities
Currently involved in research programs for developing a comprehensive & integrated model of quality Malaysian Early Childhood Care and Education. Another ongoing project looks at improving the accessibility of screening process of talented children, making it easily accessible (especially for rural areas), and also developing program and modules for nurturing their potential especially in the field of STEM.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. B Rahmatullah. Comparative Analysis of Automated Applications using Fetal Ultrasound Images, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, 2019, 10 (4), 1271-1276.
2. KF Tamrin, B Rahmatullah. Classification of synthetic platelets in digital holographic microscopy by neural network, Borneo International Journal, 2019, 1 (3), 19-34
3. SM Samuri, B Rahmatullah, N Abdullah, A Ahmad, ZM Isa, H Hammed. Early Childhood Research Landscape on Children’s Profile: Coherent Taxonomy, Motivation, Open Challenges, Recommendations and, Pathways for Future Research, Child Indicators Research, 2018, 11(5), 1603–1630.
4. ZM Isa, MC Mustafa, J Bacotang, MA Shahadan, SM Samuri, BRahmatullah, N Abdullah, G Gnana. Three and Four Years Old Children in Childcare Centre, Intl Journal of Academic research in Business and Social Sciences, 2018, 8(12).
5. QM Yas, AA Zaidan, BB Zaidan, B Rahmatullah, HA Karim. Comprehensive insights into evaluation and benchmarking of real-time skin detectors: Review, open issues & challenges, and recommended solutions, Measurement, 2018, 114, 243-260.
6. QM Yas, AA Zadain, BB Zaidan, MB Lakulu, B Rahmatullah. Towards on develop a framework for the evaluation and benchmarking of skin detectors based on artificial intelligent models using multi-criteria decision-making techniques, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 2017, 31(3).
7. KF Tamrin, NA Sheikh, B Rahmatullah. Numerical Analysis of Swirl Intensity in Turbulent Swirling Pipe Flows, Jurnal Teknologi, 2016, 78:5-10, 133-141.
8. ST Mahmud, B Rahmatullah. Image quality assessment based on properties of HVS and principle of image structure, 30th International Conference on Image and Vision Computing New Zealand (IVCNZ), 2015.
9. B Rahmatullah, A Papageorghiou, JA Noble. Integration of local and global features for anatomical object detection in ultrasound, N. Ayache et al. (Eds.): MICCAI 2012, Part III, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 7512, pp. 402–409, 2012.© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 201
10. S Rueda, S Fathima, CL Knight, M Yaqub, A Papageorghiou, B Rahmatullah, A Foi, M Maggioni, A Pepe, J Tohka, RV Stebbing, JE McManigle, A Ciurte, X Bresson, MB Cuadra, C Sun, GV Ponomarev, MS Gelfand, MD Kazanov, CW Wang, HC Chen, CW Peng, CM Hung, and JA Noble. Evaluation and Comparison of Current Fetal Ultrasound Image Segmentation Methods for Biometric Measurements: A Grand Challenge, IEEE Transactions in Medical Imaging (TMI), 2014
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationTeachingHigher Education StudyI am currently the Director for National Child Development Research Centre (NCDRC), a national referral centre for early childhood education and child development established in Sultan Idris Education University. NCDRC was established by the Malaysian government through Parliament’s paper and tasked with conducting research in areas of child progress and development and also to build a database of children’s profile in Malaysia. Also delivered lectures, tutorials and lab sessions for Master and undergraduate students in Sultan Idris Education University. Main supervisor for 5 PhD students and 2 MSc students (local and international students) and supervised several to completion. Research topics are related artificial intelligence in mapping child developments, digital image quality assessment and implementation of STEM based learning for school education in Malaysia.
Other AwardsDec 2017TWAS-COMSTECH Research Grant AwardTWAS-COMSTECH Joint Research Grants Programmeis a highly competitive award, based purely on scientific merit.Nov 2012Athena SWAN Bronze AwardI was part of the Athena SWAN Working Group for the application submitted and received by Department of Engineering, University of Oxford, UK. http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/mike/AthenaSWAN/db/University%20of%20Oxford/Oxford_University_Engineering_Science_public_version.pdf