Membership type: full
Olufunmi SalamiCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Ibadan General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2004 Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences2016 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Working on microbiomes and Mobile genetic elements associated with Acinetobacter baumannii using one health approach
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Evaluation of microbial counts in fresh milk of white fulani cattle sampled in Tade's farm omi radio,ido LGA,oyo state
2. Invitro antimicrobial effect of methanol and aqueous extracts of ocimum gratissimum against some pathogenic microbes
3. Comparative study of selectes heavy metals and their physico-chemical characteristics in different sources of water
4. Isolation of microorganisms from infected onions (Allium cepa) popularly consumed by low income earners in Ibadan,Nigeria.
5. Microbiological analysis of street-vended packaged sliced fresh fruits(water melon abd pineapple)in Apata,Ibadan,Oyo state.
6. Effect of N-hexane and aqueous extracts of cashew nuts on some pathogenic organisms obtained from general out patients,Ibadan,Nigeria.
7. Sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis(SDS-PAGE) of fungal contaminant of garrison
8.the effect of ochratoxin A on lipid peroxidation from ochratoxigenic fungi obtained from.dried cassava powder garrison using animal model
9. Hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) of ogi (Cornmeal)as affected by handlers hygiene
10. Detection of Helicobacter pylori in patients with ulcer using stool and serum antigen tests
11. Tuberculosis and HiV co-infection among patients attending directly observed treatment shirt course (DOTS) in Lagos,Nigeria
12. Evaluation of microorganisms at different stages of production of ogi in Alimosho community,area southwest,Lagos,Nigeria.
13.microbial flora of gastrointestinal tract of clarias gariepinus caught from river Dandaru Ibadan,Nigeria.
14. Antimicrobial activities of hot water extracts and phytochemical screening of acalypha wilkesiana(red acalypha) on some organisms causing infection
15. Microbial flora of the gastrointestinal tract of Nile tilapia(oreochromis niloticus)caught from river,Dandaru,Ibadan
16. The factor determining the choice of career among secondary school students
17. The assessment of the antimicrobial activities of ocimum gratissimum(wild basil)and vernonia amygdalina(bitter leaf)on some enteric pathogen causing dysentry or diarrhoea in patients
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingI am expertise in researches involving antimicrobial resistance,one health,zoonotic infections,medicinal plants
Workshop and Conference Attended2021 Port Harcourt Conference