Membership type: full
Zhuo XinCountry of origin: China Currently in: China, Nanchang General field of specialization: Chemical Sciences
Degrees2014 Doctorate Chemical Sciences
Current Research Activities
CO2 activation and utilization; visible light photocatalysis; biomass conversion; advanced materials and catalysis
Publications resulting from Research:
(1) Yuxing Huang, Zhuo Xin*, Liang-Nian He*, Water activated main element-based syngas surrogates for safe functionalization of unsaturated chemicals, Sci. Bull., 2021, 66, 865-867.
(2) Jiaying Yu, Yunshuo Yang, Runtao Jia, Kim Daasbjerg, Jun Wang, Mauro Carraro, Zhuo Xin*, Yuxing Huang*, Troels Skrydstrup, Robust tuning metal/carbon heterointerfaces via ketonic oxygen enables hydrogen evolution reaction outperforming Pt/C, Appl. Surf. Sci., 2020, 529, 147080.
(3) Jiaying Yu, Xianyun Hou, Chaoqi Zhai, Jie Li, Andrea Sartorel, Mauro Carraro*, Zhuo Xin*, and Yuxing Huang*, Tailored crafting of core-shell cobalt-hydroxides@polyfluoroaniline nanostructures with strongly coupled interfaces and improved hydrophilicity to enable efficient oxygen evolution, ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 2020, 8, 15, 6127-6133.
(4) Zhuo Xin, Le Jia, Yuxing Huang, Chen-Xia Du, Yuehui Li*, Ru-Catalyzed Switchable N-Hydroxyethylation and N-Acetonylation using Crude Glycerol, ChemSusChem, 2020, 13, 8, 2007-2011.
(5) Zhuo Xin, and Troels Skrydstrup, Liquid Marbles: A Promising and Versatile Platform for Miniaturized Chemical Reactions, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 58, 11952-11954.
(6) Yuxing Huang, † Zhuo Xin, † Wenlong Yao, Qi Hu, Zhuohua Li, Liuqing Xiao, Bo Yang, Junmin Zhang, Recyclable self-assembled composite catalyst consisted of Fe3O4-rose bengal-layered double hydroxide composite catalyst for highly efficient visible light photocatalysis in water, Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 13587-13590 († contributed equally).
(7) Zhuo Xin, Jiahui Zhang, Katerina Sordakis, Matthias Beller, Chen-Xia Du, Gabor Laurenczy, and Yuehui Li, Towards Hydrogen Storage through an Efficient Ruthenium‐Catalyzed Dehydrogenation of Formic Acid, ChemSusChem, 2018,11, 2077-2082.
(8) Zhuo Xin, Camille Lescot,Stig D. Friis, Kim Daasbjerg and Troels Skrydstrup, Organocatalyzed CO2 Trapping using Alkynyl Indoles, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015,127, 6966-6970.
(9) Zhuo Xin, Søren Kramer, Jacob Overgaard, and Troels Skrydstrup, Access to 1,2-Dihydroisoquinolines through Gold-Catalyzed Formal [4+2] Cycloaddition, Chem. Eur. J., 2014, 20, 7926–7930.
(10) Zhuo Xin, Thomas M. Gøgsig, Anders T. Lindhardt, and Troels Skrydstrup, An Efficient Method for the Preparation of Tertiary Esters by Palladium-Catalyzed Alkoxycarbonylation of Aryl Bromides, Org. Lett., 2012, 14 (1),
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationActing Deputy Director of Technology Transfer Center (National Science Park) at Nanchang University; Professor at the Group of Advanced Materials and Catalysis
Workshop and Conference Attended2017 Shanghai, China The 15th International Conference on Carbon Dioxide Utilization (ICCDU XV)2017 Hangzhou, China The 15th National Conference on Homogeneous Catalysis2019 Zhenjiang, China IEEE International Conference on Manipulation, Manufacturing and Measurement on the Nanoscale
AffiliationsRoyal Society of ChemistryChinese Chemical Society
Other AwardsNov 2017Shenzhen Innovation ＆ Entrepreneurship Competition AwardSecond Prize in Baoan District Innovation ＆ Entrepreneurship CompetitionSep 2002National Chemistry OlympiadCopper Medal, held by Chinese Chemical SocietyJan 2020Ganjiang Youth ScholarHonor to excellent youth scholarJan 2020Jiangxi Double Thousand Plan TalentThe highest honor to excellent youth scholar in Jiangxi ProvinceJul 2007Member of State Training Bases for Fundamental Research and Teaching of Chemistry in ChinaHonor to the excellent bachelor student in the State Training Base by the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China