Membership type: full
Bolajoko AinaCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Lagos General field of specialization: Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Degrees2005 Doctorate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences2008 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences1982 Undergraduate Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences1985 Master Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Current Research Activities
Medical and Health Sciences incl Neurosciences
Pharmacy Practice/Public Health Pharmacy Pharmacoepidemiology/Intervention Studies.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Ayeni Foluke, Aina Bolajoko, Oyetunde Olubukola, Adejumo Olusola (2016). Associated factors and treatment outcomes of tuberculosis patients with diabetes mellitus in a secondary health facility in Lagos, Nigeria. West African Journal of Pharmacy, 27(2), 111- 119.
2. Fowowe Oluwadamilola and Aina Bolajoko Immunization Services: Involvement of Community Pharmacies in Lagos State, Nigeria. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 12(6): 1-12, 2016, Article no.BJPR.27442 ISSN: 2231-2919, NLM ID: 101631759 SCIENCEDOMAIN international.
3. Odukoya OO, Poluyi EO, Aina BA, Ejekom C, Faseru B (2016). Pharmacist-led smoking cessation: The attitudes and practices of community pharmacist in Lagos State, Nigeria: A mixed methods survey. Tobacco Prevention and Cessation 2 (January) :2 http://www.dx.doi.org/10.18332/tpc/61546. ISSN 2459-3087
4. Poluyi EO, Odukoya OO, Aina BA, Faseru B. Tobacco related knowledge and support for smoke-free policies amongcommunity pharmacists in Lagos state, Nigeria. Pharmacy Practice 2015 Jan-Mar;13(1):486.
5. Aina BA, Ojedokun OA (2014). Knowledge and use of dietary supplements by students of College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos, Nigeria. J Basic Clin Pharma 5, 34-9.
6. Ogbo PU, Aina BA, Aderemi-Williams RI (2014). Management of acute diarrhea in children by community pharmacists in Lagos, Nigeria. Pharmacy Practice 12(1), 376 available at ww.pharmacypractice.org (ISSN: 1886-3655)
7. Olubukola O Oyetunde, Bolajoko A Aina and Fola Tayo (2014). Impact of generic substitution practice on care of diabetic patients. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacy 36(3), 623-629. DOI 10.1007/s11096-014-9946-5 (ISSN 2210-7703)
8. Aina BA and Egbehor UC (2013). Study of completeness of prescriptions in paediatrics emergency section of a tertiary hospital in Lagos. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science Vol 3(05), 075-079. Available online at http://www.japsonline.com. DOI: 10.7324/JAPS.2013.3514
9. Oyetunde OO, Tayo F, Akinleye MO and Aina BA(2012). In vitro equivalence studies of generic metformin hydrochloride tablets and propranolol hydrochloride tablets under biowaiver conditions in Lagos State, Nigeria. Dissolution technologies 19(4); 51-55
10. Aina BA and Adetuyi CC (2012). Intervention to improve the knowledge of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and syndromic management among community pharmacists in Lagos State, Nigeria. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Vol 6 (22) 1587-1593. DOI: 10.5897/AJPP12.035. ISSN 1996-0816. Available online www.academicjournals.org
11. AINA BA and Ogunbiyi OO (2012). Assessment of communication skills among Pharmacy students of the University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria. Journal of Basic and Clinical Pharmacy, Vol 3 (1), 215-218. Available online www.jbclinpharm.com
12. Aina BA and Ayeni FA. (2011). Knowledge and use of insecticide treated nets as a malaria preventive tool among pregnant women in a local government area of Lagos state, Nigeria. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science; 01 (07): 162-166. Available online at www.japsonline.com
13. Yusuff KB, Tayo F, Aina BA. (2010): Pharmacists’ participation in the documentation of medication history in a developing setting: An exploratory assessment with new criteria. Pharmacy Practice (Internet) Apr-Jun; 8(2):139-145.
14. Joshua F Eniojukan and Bolajoko A Aina (2009): Toxicological Profiles of Commercial Herbal Preparation, JobelynR. International Journal of Health Research 2(4), 369 – 374.
15. Bolajoko A. Aina, Adebayo T. Onajole , Babatunde M.O. Lawal and Opeoluwa O. Oyerinde. (2009): Promoting cessation and a tobacco free future: willingness of pharmacy students at the University of Lagos, Nigeria. Tobacco Induced Diseases5:13 doi: 10.1186/1617-9625-5-13
16. Kazeem.B.Yusuff, Fola Tayo and Bola.A.Aina. (2009): What probable factors underline inadequacy of medication history information recorded in patients’ case notes by physicians in a Nigeria teaching hospital? International Journal of Pharmacy Practice, 17: 317-321.
17. AINA B.A., TAYO F. and TAYLOR O. (2008): Cost implication of irrational prescribing of chloroquinein Lagos State general hospitals. Journal of Infection in Developing Countries, 2(1):68-72. ICID 842399
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchTeachingTeaching and supervision of research projects of undergaduate and postgraduate students.
Workshop and Conference Attended2018 Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord/Golf Resort & Spa, 5400 John Q Hammons Dr. NW Concord, North Carolina 28027 NC, USA 12th Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas (NAPPSA) Annual Scientific Conference and Exposition2019 Ballymascanlon House Hotel Dundalk, Ireland 9th All Ireland Pharmacy Healthcare Conference2019 Greenville, South Carolina Intensive capacity building programme for some community pharmacists from Nigeria in both clinical and entrepreneurial skill2019 Kuhne Logistics University, Hamburg, Germany Train-The-Trainer Seminar
Presentation given2018A study of medication errors in community pharmacies in some South- Western states of Nigeria.Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord/Golf Resort & Spa, 5400 John Q Hammons Dr. NW Concord, North Carolina 28027 NC, USAEvent: 12th Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas (NAPPSA) Annual Scientific Conference and Exposition2019Incidence and investigative cost of hypertensive heart disease (HHD) and blood pressure management among orthopaedic patients in Lagos, NigeriaAbujaEvent: 17th National Conference and Scientific Meeting of Nigeria Association of Pharmacists in Academia2019Assessment of the abuse and misuse of psychoactive substances among students of University of Lagos.AbujaEvent: 17th National Conference and Scientific Meeting of Nigeria Association of Pharmacists in Academia
Other AwardsApr 2018Lagos State PSN Merit Award Winner (MAW)Recognition of my contribution to the development and progress of Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) , Lagos State branchJun 2018Association of Lady Pharmacists (ALPS) Merit Award (AMA)Recognition of Professional contribution, loyalty and service to Association of Lady Pharmacists (ALPS)Jan 2019Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria Fellowship Award (FPSN)Recognition of Professional contribution, loyalty and service to the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) as Editor in Chief and Council member.