Rahima NasrinCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Barisal General field of specialization: Physics
Degrees2018 Doctorate Physics2009 Master Physics
Current Research Activities
My current research interest is in the field of - 1. Preparation and characterization of as- deposited and modified plasma polymerized thin films. 2. synthesis of nanocomposites form various bio-friendly natural polymers incorporating different nanoparticles such as carbon nanotubes (CNTs), graphene oxide, etc.
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Rahima Nasrin and A. H. bhuiyan, Synthesis of iodine doped n-BMA thin films via plasma polymerization technique: effect on optical properties, Surface Review and Letters,https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218625X19501336, 2019.
2. Humayon Kabir, Rahima Nasrin, Kamrul Hasan, M. Mahbubur Rahman, A. H. bhuiyan, Synthesis and aging effect of plasma polymerized 2-Furancarboxaldehyde amorphous thin films, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 232, 209–220, 2019.
3.Rahima Nasrin, A.H Bhuiyan,Effect of heat treatment on infrared and ultraviolet–visible spectroscopic studies of the PPnBMA thin films,Applied Physics A, 124 (12), 856, 2018
4. Rahima Nasrin and A. H. bhuiyan, Thermal and AC electrical properties of thin films prepared from n-butyl methacrylate by a capacitively coupled plasma reactor, Surface Review and Letters, 26, 2, 185-189, 2018.
5. Rahima Nasrin, A. H. bhuiyan, Evaluation of electrical carrier transport mechanism in plasma polymerized n-butyl methacrylate thin films,Polymer Science Series A, 60, 6, 882–889, 2018.
6. Rahima Nasrin, Sarmin Seema, Md. Abdul Gafur, Abu Hashan Bhuiyan, Study of dielectric behavior of titanium dioxide-filled polypropylene composites, American Journal of Materials Synthesis and Processing, 3(4), 56-61, 2018.
7. Rahima Nasrin, K.S Hossain, A.H Bhuiyan, Morphological, elemental, and optical characterization of plasma polymerized n-butyl methacrylate thin films, Applied Physics A 124, 1-8, 2018.
8. Rahima Nasrin, A.H Bhuiyan, M.A Gafur, Influence of talc filler content on the mechanical and dc electrical behavior of compression molded isotactic polypropylene composites, International Journal of Composite Materials, 5 (6), 155-161, 2015.
9. Rahima Nasrin, M. A Gafur, A.H Bhuiyan, Characterization of isotactic polypropylene/ talc composites prepared by extrusion cum compression molding technique, Materials Sciences and Applications, 6 (11), 925, 2015.
10. M.A Gafur, R. Nasrin, M. F. Mina, MAH Bhuiyan, Y. Tamba, T. Asano, Structures and properties of the compression-molded istactic-polypropylene/talc composites: Effect of cooling and rolling, Polymer Degradation and Stability, 95 (9), 1818-1825, 2010.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingChairman [March 2016 - March 2019] Department of Physics, University of Barisal, Barisal, Bangladesh. -Administrative responsibility as a head of Department of Physics, University of Barisal ASSISTANT PROFESSOR [March 2016 - Present] Department of Physics, University of Barisal, Barisal, Bangladesh. -Lecturing courses and conducting laboratory classes in undergraduate level -Lecturing courses in M. Sc. level -Supervising students for their M. Sc thesis LECTURER [April 2015 - March 2016] Department of Physics, University of Barisal, Barisal, Bangladesh. -Lecturing courses and conducting laboratory classes in undergraduate level LECTURER [June 2006 - April 2015] Department of Physics, Bangladesh Cadet College Service -Lecturing courses and conducting laboratory classes in H. S. C. level
Workshop and Conference Attended2018 India Introductory training course in nanofabrication technologies2019 Malaysia 6 th international conference on Nanotechnology, Nanomaterials & Thin Films for Energy Applications
Presentation given2019Thickness Dependent Surface Morphology and Dielectric Properties of Plasma Polymerized n-Butyl Methacrylate Amorphous Thin filmsMalayasiaEvent: 6 th international conference on Nanotechnology, Nanomaterials & Thin Films for Energy Applications
Other AwardsJul 2018Sherebangla Memorial Award-2018