Samia SubrinaCountry of origin: Bangladesh Currently in: Bangladesh, Dhaka General field of specialization: Engineering sciences
Degrees2011 Doctorate Engineering sciences2006 Master Engineering sciences
Current Research Activities
Modeling of thermal transport in nanomaterials; Modeling and characterization of electronic properties of nanomaterials; Study of thermal and electronic transport in nanoscale devices; Modeling of Optoelectronic devices; Device and material characterization; Renewable energy
Publications resulting from Research:
1. “SiGe/AsSb bilayer heterostructures: Structural characteristics and tunable electronic properties,” Nanotechnology, IOP Science, 31, 035701, 20196, 2019.
2. “Thermal Transport Characterization of Carbon and Silicon Doped Stanene Nanoribbon: An Equilibrium Molecular Dynamics Study,” RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 8, 31690, 2018
3. "Stanene-Hexagonal Boron Nitride Heterobilayer: Structure and Characterization of Electronic Property," Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group, 7, 16347, 2017
4. "Thermal Transport in Graphene/Stanene Hetero-Bilayer Nanostructures with Vacancies: An equilibrium molecular dynamics study," RSC Advances, Royal Society of Chemistry, 7, 44780, 2017.
5. “Electronic Structure of Bilayer Graphene Physisorbed on Metal Substrate,” J. of Applied Physics, AIP Publishing, 120, 185101, 2016;
6. “Equilibrium Molecular Dynamics (MD) Simulation Study of Thermal Conductivity of Graphene Nanoribbon: A Comparative Study on MD Potentials,” Electronics, MDPI Publisher, 4, 1109, 2015
7. “Heat Transport in Graphene Interconnect Networks with Graphene Lateral Heat Spreaders,” IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology, 11, 777, 2012.
8. “Dimensional Crossover of the Phonon Transport and Umklapp Scattering in Few-Layer Graphene,” Nature Materials, Nature Publishing Group, 9, 555, 2010.
9. “Heat Removal in Silicon-on-Insulator Integrated Circuit with Graphene Lateral Heat Spreaders,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, 30, 1281, 2009.
10. "Simulation of Heat Conduction in Suspended Graphene Flakes of Variable Shapes," J. of Nanoelectronics and Optoelectronics, ASP Publishers, 3, 249, 2008.
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:ResearchAdministrationTeaching Professor, Department of EEE, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). • Conducting courses and research projects of undergraduate students. • Conducting courses and research projects of graduate students. Librarian (Additional Charge), Department of EEE, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). Active member of Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC) of the Department of EEE, BUET, and have been involved in different testing and consultancy works. Member, Executive Committee, IEEE ED/SSCS Bangladesh Chapter, 2015- till
Workshop and Conference Attended2019 Bangladesh 4th Young Scientists Congress, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS) , Dhaka,Bangladesh, 20192019 Turkey International Workshop titled 'Learning about Sustainability, SDGs and Global Challenges' by COMSATS-TWAS-TUBITAK, Gebze, Turkey, 2019.2018 Japan 15th Annual Meeting of Science and Technology in Society forum (STS forum), Kyoto, Japan, 20182018 Bangladesh International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), Dhaka, Bangladesh 20182017 Japan 14th Annual Meeting of Science and Technology in Society forum (STS forum); Future Leaders Network and the Dialogue between Future Leaders and Nobel Laureates, Kyoto, Japan, 20172017 Bangladesh IEEE R10-Humanitarian Technology Conference 20172016 Rwanda TWAS 14th General Conference & 27th General Meeting, Kigali, Rwanda, 20162016 Bangladesh International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), Dhaka, Bangladesh 20162015 India TWAS Regional Conference of Young Scientists on Nanoscience & Nanomaterials, JNCASR, Bengaluru, India2015 Austria TWAS 13th General Conference & 26th General Meeting, Vienna, Austria2014 Bangladesh International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), Dhaka, Bangladesh 2014
AffiliationsInstitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE)IEEE Electron Device Society (EDS)Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
Presentation given2019Thermal Transport in 2D MaterialsDhaka, BangladeshEvent: 4th Young Scientists Congress, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences (BAS) , Dhaka,Bangladesh, 2019
OWSD AwardsFeb 2020OWSD-Elsevier Foundation Award for Early Career Women ScientistsFor her work on the modeling of thermal and electronic transport in nanoscale materials and the applications of these materials in nanoscale devices, particularly for heat mitigation.
Other AwardsFeb 2020The 2020 OWSD - Elsevier Foundation Awards for Early Career Women Scientists in the Developing WorldDec 2018Best Paper Award, IEEE WIECON-ECE 2018Nov 2023BAS (Bangladesh Academy of Sciences) - TWAS (The World Academy of Sciences) Young Scientist Award, 2016Nov 2023TWAS YOUNG AFFILIATE 2015," Central & South Asian Region (TWAS-ROCASA) (2015)Dec 2018Dr. Fatema Rashid Second Best Paper Award, ICECE 2018Nov 2023Second Best Poster Award, 2010 Collegiate Poster Competition, Society of Women Engineers (SWE), USA (2010)Nov 2023Third Best Poster Award, Society of Women Engineers (SWE), USA (2009)Nov 2023Grants: Electronic and thermal transport characterization of novel two dimensional (2D) materials, 2018Nov 2023Grants: Enhancement of Experimental Facilities of High Voltage, Energy Conversion (Electrical Machines), Power System and Power System Protection Laboratories at EEE Department, BUET, 2014