Membership type: full
Amii UseseCountry of origin: Nigeria Currently in: Nigeria, Lagos General field of specialization: Biological Systems and Organisms
Degrees2016 Doctorate Biological Systems and Organisms2012 Master Biological Systems and Organisms2009 Master Chemical Sciences1998 Undergraduate Biological Systems and Organisms
Current Research Activities
Biological Systems and Organisms
Risk Assessment of Chemicals of priority Concerns and Microplastics in coastal ecosystems
Publications resulting from Research:
1. Usese, A.I., Elike, M.I., Moruf, R.O. and Chukwu, L.O. (2019). Levels of Oxidative Stress Markers in the Mangrove Oyster, Crassostrea gasar from Coastal Ecosystem in Southwest Nigeria. Journal of Research in Forestry, Wildlife and Environment. 11 (1): 32 - 38
2. Ibanga, L. B., Nkwoji, J. A., Usese, A. I., Onyema, I. C., and Chukwu, L. O. (2019). Hydrochemistry and heavy metals concentrations in sediment of Woji creek and Bonny estuary, Niger Delta, Nigeria. Regional Studies in Marine Science, 25, 100436
3. Usese, A. I., Kuton, M. P. and Chukwu, L. O. (2018c). Haematological and Genotoxic Indices of Two Cichlid Fish Species from a Tropical Estuarine Lagoon. Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 58(1): 15-23.
4. Amii I. Usese, Aderonke O. Lawal-Are, Olatunji R. Moruf and Obinna L. Chukwu (2018b). Biomarker Responses to Environmental Stressors in the Hairy Mangrove Crab, Sesarma huzardii (Graspidae) from a Tropical Lagoon Mudflat in Nigeria. Alexandria Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 57(2): 4-10.
5. Akinsulire, M. C., Usese, A. I., Kuton, M. P. and Chukwu, L. O. (2018a). Impact of Fish Farms Effluent on Water and Sediment Quality of receiving Coastal Ecosystem: Ecological Risk Assessment. Nigerian Journal of Fisheries and Aquaculture. 6(1): 53-60
6. M.P. Kuton and A. I. Usese. (2017d). Induction of Micronuclei Abnormalities in Wild Population of Sarotherodon melanotheron along a contamination gradient of a Tropical Lagoon ecosystem. Unilag Journal of Medicine, Science and Technology. 5(2): 144-158
7. Kuton M.P. and Usese, A. I. (2017c). Biomarker Responses as indicator of contaminant effects in Sarotherodon melanotheron (Pisces: Cichlidae). Journal of Aquatic Sciences. 32(1B): 131-144
8. Usese, A., Chukwu, L. O., Naidu, R., Rahman, M. M., Islam, S. and Oyewo, E. O. (2017b). Concentrations of arsenic in water and fish in a Tropical open Lagoon, Southwest Nigeria: Health risk assessment. Journal of Environmental Technology & Innovation. 8: 164–171.
9. Usese, A., Chukwu, L. O., Naidu, R., Rahman, M. M., Islam, S. and Oyewo, E. O. (2017a). Enrichment, contamination and geo-accumulation factors for assessing arsenic contamination in sediment of a Tropical Open Lagoon, Southwest Nigeria. Journal of Environmental Technology & Innovation. 8: 126–131
10. Oyem, H. H., Oyem I. M. and Usese, A. I. (2015). Iron, manganese, cadmium, chromium, zinc and arsenic groundwater contents of Agbor and Owa communities of Nigeria. Springer Plus 4: 104 DOI 10.1186/s40064-015-0867-0
Current professionCurrent professional activities type:TeachingTeaching undergraduate and postgraduate students
AffiliationsSociety of Toxicology