April 05, 2019
GOT ENERGY TALENT (GET) fellowships are funded by the European Union together with the University of Alcalá de Henares (UAH) and University Rey Juan Carlos (URJC) in Spain.
These fellowships provide an opportunity for experienced researches from around the world to spend two years at either UAH or URJC Madrid to undertake an independent, interdisciplinary research project in the field of smart energies. It is open to the fellows to freely define the subject area of the proposed research. However, the research should fall within one of the research lines offered under GOT ENERGY TALENT fellowship programme, including but not limited to:
Energy efficiency & renewable energy
- Energy monitoring & control systems
- Renewable & sustainable energy
- District heating & cooling
- Smart transportation & mobility
- Building / infrastructure
- New green technologies
- Energy use & planning
- CO2 capture, storage and utilization technologies
Smart energy systems
- Generation of electrical power
- Electricity transmission network
- Electricity distribution network
- Energy storage
- Security aspects of smart grids
- Energy management systems
- Other topics related with the concept of “Smart Cities”
Under specific research lines , applicants can choose to go on a 1-year secondment during the second year of stay in Madrid in one of several partner host institutions from the non-academic sector, which include major players in the energy and related fields at both national and international level.
Up to 21 fellowships will be awarded, 8 at UAH and 13 at UJRC. Applicants can be any nationality, and must be experienced researchers in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience immediately prior to the date of the call deadline.